LegacyGT.com

95 Legacy Power Locks Issue

I did a search for "door locks" and didn't come up with anything related to my problem. The power door locks seem to be getting a mind of their own. If I shut the door a little too hard it will lock all the doors. The driver's side switch is getting REALLY touchy. Does this need to be replaced or just cleaned?

Jason

• I Donated

Probably just cleaned. Get some electrical contact cleaner and clean them out...or you can use rubbing alcohol.

Do you by chance have an aftermarket alarm system?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 8 months later...

I'm having this same problem, but it's gotten really bad. Sometimes I just can't get in the back doors because they're constantly locking. As I drive down the road they will just lock and relock and relock over and over again.

So the solution is cleaning the sensor? Do I need to take off the door panel to do this? Specifically what do I need to clean?

Thanks,

Stefan

Yes, take the door panel off.

The 97 and ealier cars have a central locking system that is controled by the drivers lock/unlock switch. It is conected to a rod which is connected to the power lock modual by a few different parts.

It looks like this

http://i41.tinypic.com/2pyce52.jpg

Check to make sure that everything is in working order and not broken.

The contact for the system is inside of the black door lock actuator. You can take it apart with a few phillips screw drivers.

Archived