LegacyGT.com

Did my Legacy originally have a splash guard protecting the underside of the engine?

My 93' Legacy Sport Turbo has nothing protecting the front of the engine on the underside from rocks flying up from the ground when driving. There is quite a large gap for anything to fly up and do damage. I am just not sure if there was some sort of splash guard or piece of rubber originally or that's just the way it is. Just considering buying one if it came from the factory that way but cannot find any part #'s. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an original tiny corner splash guard on my 93 L trim (make me wonder why they bothered with this if not anywhere else). It's barely holding on with the body rust/damage on side trim. But no evidence of previous splash guard under the engine. The stop sign is AWESOME. Makes me wonder what else I could use one for.

There's a local recycling center here that has sheet aluminum and stainless steel, usually i have to dig through piles of organized scrap. They only charge by weight and ive been going there for several custom fabbed parts. Always get ideas for other projects while im there. I don't rally my car hard so a skidplate is last on my list of to-do's but it seems easy enough.

Archived