LegacyGT.com

Looking into a 2008 LGT Spec B

Hello all!

Name is Josh and I soon may be looking into my very first Subie. A little about me, I've always been a big import guy. Ever since I heard my first subie with an exhaust I fell in love. About 8 months ago, I looked into getting an LGT. Looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find a damn thing, other than automatics. So I stuck with my background and got an 08 Civic SI.

I know the second you read this you probably think, he's a ricer douche. I'm not. I know what my car is and isn't capable of and it's only about a 13.7 car with the bolt ons and tune I have now. I don't go out revving my engine at vettes, but I know that is the stereotypical Honda thing to do, one thing I hate about the scene.

Anyways, I have a bunch of Subie friends. Been reading up on them a lot and ran across what I believe is a deal. Private party deal, 2008 L-GT Spec B, I know the owner, his wife has had the car since new and never taken it out of I-Mode. It has 37k miles and is FLAWLESS. He said the car never sees about 3k RPMs because his wife drives like a grandma. Need to figure out payoff before we set a price, and I look into getting rid of my SI, but what should I be looking for? Any hints to what tends to be wrong with these cars?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks again, and I look forward to hopefully getting this car and being able to frequent this site more!

Not much to look for really if it hasn't been modified or abused. A lot of them had bearing issues but I think most people that had that issue saw evidence of it before 37k miles.

Not to get off topic but 13.7 sounds optimistic for an unboosted Si.. They were almost mid 15s stock..

Mine stock ran a 15.02 @ 94.

I now have a CAI, Kidd Racing Header, Vibrant Cat-Back Exhaust, and Flashpro (just like Accessport for Subies). I'd honestly keep the car if it was able to make torque, but they are rev monsters. Revving to the stratosphere is fun every once in a while, but having to go to 6k to get on the highway gets old. Plus the loudness of the 8600 RPM redline gets old too when getting on it.

Here's a video of one with bolt-ons:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAlb_CuXM8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪2006 Civic Si runs a 13.8 @ 99mph!‬‏[/ame]

I'm a car lover all around, there isn't much I don't like. A lot of people think Hondas are slow and stuff. But you have to think, the car barely weighs 2700lbs. I'm at about 220whp. If you know how to drive the, they're 13 second cars with bolt-ons. The K20Z3 that comes in the car is very rev happy, and revs quick. My buddy has his turbocharged and is putting down 468 FWHP at 12 PSi. They really can be fun little cars if you don't mind spending the time and money to build them right. I'm still not 100% sure I want to get rid of it yet, but gawd I want a Subie.

468 WHP on a FWD car seems like an awful waste to me... I bet he has a tough time with traction.

It is. It's the biggest waste ever.. You're basically seeing how fast you can spin down the 1/4 mile lol

I break traction now so I'm done modding mine. Must have AWD.

Only 468whp out of a K series. sounds like someone needed abigger turbo. My single cam had 586whp.

Hey welcome to the forum.

Did you get your LGT yet ?

OH BTW I'm enjoying my Spec B. Hind sight 20/20 I should have bought one a few years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sounds like a really good deal, I bought an 08 Spec B a few months ago as well. Not to scare you into purchasing anything but it gave me a little peace of mind when mine wasn't included in a stop-sale that happened.

check this link out

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-issues-stop-sale-all-2-5-turbo-cars-85752.html?t=85752

But judging by the way you described the previous owner, I don't think you'll have any problems.

You'll love the Spec B, coming from a 06 S4 and 08 135i, I can say I enjoy driving this car, especially after going Stage 2

Buy it and buy it any way you can!

There shouldn't be anything at all wrong with the car and it's a rare find. It's kind of nice having people not know what you're driving and then a BMW 550 owner walks up to you and says "is that your car?, stunning absolutley stunning" (that made my day).

They are a blast to drive modded but you will hate the added weight. I did and it will take time to get used to. My WRX was so much more responsive but basically being a more luxurious STI (with a smaller turbo and 180lbs more) really appealed to me.

Go big on the brakes and at least a 20g and you'll be very very happy!

Welcome,

-Drew

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Clvr, I also was a Honda guy back in the day and while Honda are fantastic cars I'm glad I made the decision to go the Legacy route! These cars are absolutely fun to drive while at the same time delivering power and safety. If you have a family like most do on this forum I thinking choosing the latter seals most deals but if you desire power + safety seems like the legacy is no brainer :) The template is there to make that car beyond powerful and these forums can certainly assist you in making your legacy even better! You will not regret it.

Note: of course is highly recommended to get the car checked out by a certified Subaru mechanic just so you can validate the car has been taken care of! Extra piece of mind is always good!

Not much to look for really if it hasn't been modified or abused. A lot of them had bearing issues but I think most people that had that issue saw evidence of it before 37k miles.

Not to get off topic but 13.7 sounds optimistic for an unboosted Si.. They were almost mid 15s stock..

Sounds about right for those mods.

I have pretty much the same mods as the TC on my Rsx Type- S.

I put down 225whp and ran 13.8 in the 1/4...

Archived