LegacyGT.com

I felt the pain of the stock TMIC last night

I went to the strip last night hopes of hitting low 13's. No way was that happening. Last time i went back in may I ran a 13.42x @ 104.7 with a 2 sec 60'. This time the car couldnt even crack the 100mph mark and i bested a 13.75x.

The 82 degree heat and idling in the lanes killed it.

Also, out of curiosity, can a stg 2 '11 WRX(Invidia TBE, intake, Stock TMIC, EFI Tune with LC and FF shifting) hit a 1.3 second 60'. Some guy said he did that last night and I couldnt believe it. If i did that i would have like a mid 12 second car.

Since you're stg2 replace it with a Perrin TMIC, install a simple water spray, and ideally run Alcohol injection and other than a clutch upgrade, leave all else alone.

:)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I think any TMIC would suffer that same problem. Kinda have to go FMIC and get the core out of the engine bay to not have to deal with heatsoak issues.

Yea i am thinking of going FMIC just for consistency and safety. Its def on the short list and has been for a while. I had just never seen what a heatsoaked TMIC was really like.

Since you're stg2 replace it with a Perrin TMIC, install a simple water spray, and ideally run Alcohol injection and other than a clutch upgrade, leave all else alone.

:)

How much will a new clutch help off the line? Mine seems to do the job. If i just drop it the car bogs, so I have been trying to ride it out slightly and have it fully grab at just over 3k. Saying is easier that doing, of course.

A 1.3 60ft is possible with the right tires.

Wow, the two guys there with '11 WRX were talking about traction issues, I thought maybe it was because they have open diffs front and rear, guess not. I managed a 1.8 60' and all i get is a chirp from the front.

Any tips on how to get a better launch? Im launching from 5000-5500 and it seems to be the best/most consistent. The guys in their '11 wrx's were launching at 4000 and 4500. I tried that and the car just bogged(probably cause I dont have Launch control where I can have it already pinned before i let the clutch out)

Correct, with out a 2 step or anti-lag, which ever you want to call it. Your turbo won't build power without a load on it.

You may want to give it a little more rpm. What slicks do you have ?

Oh yea, I think the answer to that is, I don't have slicks.

There are videos on youtube that will show how to pre-load the drive line so you don't snap axles.

I posted a link the other day when someone asked the same type question. I buddy on the west coast just went 190mph in his civic. the video is on the web and you can see what he does with his right hand and e-brake when the car is staged.

Found it,

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drag-racing-aka-cant-drive-190004.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The 2 step, retards timing so the fuel lights off in the turbo, there by causing it to build boost. To a per set level.

You set that with the lap top. You put the car on the 2 step by having the clutch pushed in and you push a button with your thumb on the steering wheel, go to wide open throttle with your right foot. the engine will rev to a pre set point and retard timing.

While your holding the e-brake up, or line lock button on the shifter you drag the car forward, (well with a FWD) until the bottom bulb is lite.

The pre-loading of the drivetrain prevents the the shock from the clutch snapping the axles. Remember Honda's are known for weak axles until you upgrade. The guy's running 8's and 9's have big dollars in axles.

We had Rob Moore Nitro Drivelines make us a custom set with a spool and spindles. The axles were 1 7/16" thick, you don't want to know that cost.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have the oppoisite experience, I get better 60' times without wheelspin and attempt to avoid the waterbox.

I can't even imagine how it could be possible for a stock or even stage2 LGT to cut a 1.3 60'. I can imagine a 1.6 for sure for 1.3? Would take more than just slicks. It would take a better driver than me obviously.

How much will a new clutch help off the line? Mine seems to do the job. If i just drop it the car bogs, so I have been trying to ride it out slightly and have it fully grab at just over 3k. Saying is easier that doing, of course.

Just suggesting a few upgrades that won't break the bank. Clutch is to handle the increase in torque after Alcohol injection (or E85). Going this route on your turbo will make for a very fast spool and plenty of torque. Both of which should help off the line and then some.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived