LegacyGT.com

Ways to reduce rattle from sub

fat_eld

So I just put in a 10" jl audio 10" sub and dx600 amp. I'm very happy with the sound and power. I've noticed a few areas mainly around the plastic pieces in the rear window area that do have a small rattle to them. I know about using dynamat but was also curious if any of you guys have cooked up some home remedies of your own to help. I do have the ski port open and am trying out a few different positions to have the sub sit in there to help.

In general, most subs will sound best when against the back seat, facing the rear of the car.

The rattles, you'll have to find out what's rattling and use something like foam to stop them.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

My car did the same thing. Wherever the hard plastic contacted another hard surface there were rattles. I solved the problem using self adhesive felt that I picked up from Michael's Arts & Crafts.

Chrysler uses the same stuff on their dashboards. That's where I got the idea.

http://www.alpineglass.com/shop/detail/1972

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Great idea stevenva. Did you have to take the carpeted area off to get the felt in between the plastic and metal frame of the car? I was looking in the trunk trying to figure out how to do this but have not had any luck yet. Any help on this would be great

I removed the plastic trim pieces completely and applied it to the back of the plastic. It is peel and stick but the adhesive fails soon in a car. I sprayed a little 3M spray adhesive and let it dry first, then applied the self stick felt.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived