LegacyGT.com

EBrake cable question

so my cable snapped at the very back close to the rear hub,all ive done is pull the cable out from inside the car havnt removed anything underneath yet.

I ordered a wagner parking brake cable (bc138676) from rockauto since its listed on many sites as fitting the 98 LGT Sedan, its about 2-3 feet to short and deffinitly not the right part. Has anyone else had this problem??

The beck Arnley cable for a 91-94 looks like it would fit perfectly has anyone used this?? i may just go spend another 60$ and buy one from subaru

Thanks

normally i would agree with you, and if i was 100% planning on keeping the car i would, but since its my winter beater and im just trying to fix it for saftey to be sold and i bought other parts from rockauto i just went with that cable. Also my car is auto so first time te cable was used ina while was during the safety

Update rockauto refunded full cost and shipping so im happy about that. The service girl who helped me must have called wagner and come to the conclusion it is wrongly listed. So for anyone in the same situation do not order this part number because it is way to short and wont work, im not even sure what it would work on. Since i got full refund im goona call up suby and jsut go OEM for another 15$

used is the way to go. some one has these sitting around or hanging out on a parts car. they are harder to get off than they are worth, but still, used is the way to go.

how often do you here of a hand brake cable breaking? almost never.!!

I always get oem from now on I been burned too many times specially on seals and bearings. Timken part numbers are not correct for the 98lgt.

for important stuff like that yeah on my lancer i would always order oem parts from http://www.mitsubishiparts.net cause there usually a bit cheaper then the bad stuff off rockauto. But for simple little things like this then i dont really car, but i have an oem break on order so ill go get that in a day or two.

Archived