LegacyGT.com

Available camber plates?

grmorrow04

I can't seem to really see anything available except Cusco camber plates.

What plates are available (front/rear - not camber plates for the rear, just pillow ball plate)?

Thinking about some AST4100's a local Suby shop is going to be offering on a price-point that's on par with the Tarmac's.

AST generally uses Vorschlag plates. There are lots of options (including Vorsch and GTWorx). The AST4100's are about $1650 for just the strut. I know because I just bought them. They are in no way on price point with Tarmacs. I sold my Tarmacs to build the AST set up. With AST you only get the strut. You have to tell them what spring rate (so they can valve it), then supply your own springs, tophats and assembly. I orderd mine from RCE. Myles is assembling them with 600/650 Swift springs and Vorsch plates. Complete package assembled is in the $3150+ range.

AST generally uses Vorschlag plates. There are lots of options (including Vorsch and GTWorx). The AST4100's are about $1650 for just the strut. I know because I just bought them. They are in no way on price point with Tarmacs. I sold my Tarmacs to build the AST set up. With AST you only get the strut. You have to tell them what spring rate (so they can valve it), then supply your own springs, tophats and assembly. I orderd mine from RCE. Myles is assembling them with 600/650 Swift springs and Vorsch plates. Complete package assembled is in the $3150+ range.

Not saying I doubt you at all, especially since I enjoy reading/analyzing your posts here, but I wanted to call and verify what I was told this weekend.

Product - AST4100

Price - $1650

Order includes - Struts, springs (of my chosing), helper/tender springs, adjustment tools

What's not included - camber plates (hence the reason for this thread :) )

Granted, I haven't placed an order yet, but I don't think the information I was given will be changing anytime soon.

If that is correct you are getting the springs for free. Which is an amazing deal.

From the AST USA website;

http://www.ast-usa.com/ast-4100-shock-absorber-coilover-kit.php

Benefits include:

• Monotube design - gives the biggest piston sizes available
  • Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston
  • Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers – no fumbling for knobs
  • Fully threaded strut bodies allow maximum tire width without fender rolling or larger spacers
  • Rebuildable by AST-USA – get the valving you want, when you want it.

Pricing starts at $1650 for struts and shocks (without springs)

AST-USA provides a 12 month warranty on the 4100 Series shocks and dampers.

» Rebound Adjustable ("Singles")

» 22mm diameter shaft struts, non-inverted

» Steel cylinder body shocks, non-inverted

» Rubber bushings for "eye" shock mounts

» Optional spherical upper shock mount assemblies

» Non-synthetic hydraulic fluid

Might want to triple check that someone is not mistaken. Otherwise stick it to them and make them give you the most expensive springs you can find for free.

Archived