LegacyGT.com

strut replacement planning

I took a ride in a buddy's 2008 Spec B with only 24,000 miles on it. Started to hate the suspension on my 2007 LGT. Mine has 86,000 miles on it, so I'm thinking maybe it's time to start planning for upgrade/replacement. I really liked the firmness of the SpecB coupled with the reduced harshness. My 2007 is getting harsh on short bumps and wallowy on the bigger rolls in the road.

Been researching things on the forum and am landing on the Bilstein strut option. Naturally this means new springs. Pinks seem to be popular and not too harsh. I'm trying to keep my stock ride height, but it appears I might need to accept a bit of drop if I go with pinks.

Are there any other spring options out there that will match the Bilsteins and keep me at or closer to stock ride height as the pinks?

Thanks much,

Eville Rich

Wow, on one else has given you a clue yet.

In the suspension forum there is a Koni thread, read it. There is currently a Group Buy going on in that forum for Epic springs, get in on that. The spring is made by Eibach if you have a worries about the Epic name.

m sprank is a trusted member here, buy from him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks guys. I had been looking at the Koni swap. Wasn't too thrilled with the process for installation. It also appears the Epic/Eibach springs drop things a bit more than pinks.

The glowing reports on the Konis, and their adjustability have me looking back at that option, though I'm still not sure about the springs. The pics I've seen with Eibach springs seem to show a bit more drop than I'd like. But it's also hard to compare across many pics with varying SpecB vs stock, wheel and tire size variations.

I need to manage snow issues, so any drop is not my first choice. But I also see that people seem to be OK with the Eibach/Epic springs for the snow.

Luckily, I'm not in a rush.

Thanks for pointing out the group buy. Maybe I'll quit dithering and just get in on that.

Eville Rich

2007 LGT

Why not just get the Spec.B springs? I thinking for me. Bilstein struts with Spec.B front springs & 05 GT wagon rear spring. To help with the rear end sag & when I tow. Because I want to stay with stock ride height.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Why not just get the Spec.B springs? I thinking for me. Bilstein struts with Spec.B front springs & 05 GT wagon rear spring. To help with the rear end sag & when I tow. Because I want to stay with stock ride height.

Mike

I thought about that too, but I can handle the small drop, so that why I'm going the way I did, Koni's and Epic's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The SpecB shocks appear to have a lower dampening rate than the aftermarket Bilstein HDs. I could see the SpecB version working with the stock springs, but the higher dampening of the Bilstein HDs may not work well with stock springs.

Good to know the springs are the same for LGT and SpecB. May simplify things and save a few bucks.

Decisions decisions...

Eville Rich

2007 LGT

Archived