LegacyGT.com

My new 97 Legacy GT and some questions

Hello everybody!

I just bought my first Subaru. Its a 1997 Subaru Legacy GT.

I want to do some modifications to it, but I don't know where to start. I want to turbo it. I also want to get some aftermarket headlights but I cant find any.

I've always driven Miatas, so I'm use to tight little cars that handle like they are on rails. I would like to stiffen up the suspension on my Legacy, what are my options?

Oh yeah! The only problem with the car is when I'm turning at low speeds, it shakes really bad. Whats wrong with it. When it does it, I can kind of hear a faint "ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra" noise.

Thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it sound more like RA RA AH AH AH ROMA ROMA MA GAGA OOH LA LA?

If so, you may need to replace your LGV.

If you want aftermarket headlights a lot of us get JDM projectors. I got mine from matty2hotty who has a hookup in Japan. They are about $200 to start.

If you want to turbo your leggy, read the turbo sticky first so brok doesn't kick your ass, lol.

You drive Miatas? Great, we need more girls in this forum!

Does it sound like metal on metal? Maybe a wheel bearing? I think would benefit from more detail on the sound.

Also, check on page 2, there was someone who posted a video of a sound and see if that is like yours.

We are not laughing at you, we are laughing with you. :)

Post a video of the sound if you can. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm not that knowledgeable about a lot of stuff.

You can check for a bad wheel bearing by jacking up the car and grabbing the wheel and see if there is a bunch of play. My friends who have bad wheel bearings tell me that it sounds like the wheel is about to fall off.

Also post a pic of your GT so we can see how cool it is! Wagon? Sedan? Color? :)

Please don't belittle me. I came here for help, and now this broknindarkagain person wants to box me? I don't understand...and everyone else is laughing at me?

I'll try and better explain the sound. You know when you're getting it on and the bed is creaking? Its kind of like that sound, except its different because its on a car....so it sounds more car like.....with an errr sound in the beginning.....ending in an ah sound.

What turbo is best to put in my car?

http://cimages.carsforsale.com/246195/A18CB930-6CED-43CB-BC78-46E17D389AB8_1.jpg

• I Donated

Thats just like my old car. Except not as cool because mine had a black hood scoop and WRX wheels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/1997%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/e50b0ae5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/1997%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/cebb77bf.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
......are you fking kidding me. You just whined for a day about a sound your car has been making....just to find out that its a fking flat tire?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

lmao this man pig guy guys a keeper. guys, dont piss him off so much he leaves and goes to sli.

only possible noise problem.

your ceter diff could be getting stick, i recommend a good douching.

or your tire sizes do not all match, all the tires sir cum frances must be within .25 inches.

it could be a bad cv joint in the front. look for torn boots.

check rear diff fluid while stationary.

Archived