LegacyGT.com

Is this the next Impreza?

rsholland

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope the actual redesign would be more of a departure than that.

That barely looks different than current, and it is all photochoppable.

They probably are not right, but if they are, then Subaru designers have no imagination left, and are just rehashing current designs.

I would hope the actual redesign would be more of a departure than that.

That barely looks different than current, and it is all photochoppable.

They probably are not right, but if they are, then Subaru designers have no imagination left, and are just rehashing current designs.

If this is correct (a big "if"), they're building upon existing styling cues, which I think is the correct approach.

Bob

Holy cow...I think that looks hella better than the current model. Even if it is a photochop, hopefully it is a Subaru photochop. It would be a step in the right direction. I really hope they get rid of the three piece grill, though. If the new Impreza will be based off the Legacy platform, then I can only assume it might be slightly bigger. Therefore, I might have to take a hard look at the STI in a year or two :)

Holy cow...I think that looks hella better than the current model. Even if it is a photochop, hopefully it is a Subaru photochop. It would be a step in the right direction. I really hope they get rid of the three piece grill, though. If the new Impreza will be based off the Legacy platform, then I can only assume it might be slightly bigger. Therefore, I might have to take a hard look at the STI in a year or two :)

I will also look at an STI in a few years if it is based on the LGT platform, and looks like that!

http://response.jp/issue/2006/0607/article82729_1.images/114424.jpg

The different body configuraion is kind of what I was getting at. I had thought that Subaru was going more toward the three and five door bodystyles, and more upmarket with the base Impreza and WRX.

This certainly doesn't look like they have used anything from the B5-TPH. Not that I liked that car much, but i thought Subaru was cleaning up their designs, and making them simpler and cleaner, with fewer lines and flares and wings... B9 and even the new updated Legacy are cleaner designs than this. Even the B5-TPH concept at least had smooth sides, although the front and rear views were horrendously ugly.

I dunno... I guess when I see "complete redesign" I think it should look a bit different than the outgoing model.

Ford did that with the US Focus. Hold over chassis, and just graft on some new headlights. and some updated underpinnings. Not the fully improved new chassis, and not the updated looks, just more of the same. Not that I want a Ford Focus, but what a lame update. I am not saying Impreza will be the same sort of thing... but I think it should be more distictly new than the above photochop.

Read the British press... Clarkson thinks the Impreza is a dinosaur, and in some ways it is... albeit a technically proficient one. I think Subaru needs to push the envelope a bit further for a completely new Impreza line, interior AND exterior.

I like it, I'd buy that in a heartbeat....if the wife would let me have one. Honestly, this is the 1st Impreza body style that I've truly liked since the RS 2.5 coupe (my personal favorite Subaru bodystyle of all time). I hated the move to the round headlights in 2001. The changes made to the front in 2004 were a step in the right direction, though it still didn't make me want one. But this new design....if it's real....actually makes me want an Impreza all over again.

Though what I'd really do is buy a 2001 2.5 RS Coupe with low miles and build it up from scratch, reinforcing the body, maybe even adding a roll cage, then make it about 350 HP. What I've always wanted was a left-hand drive 22b STI, Since the don't make them, It would be fun to build one from a RS.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Archived