LegacyGT.com

Luk clutch

malimx6

Hello,

I am in need of new clutch (well, due to bad TOB, clutch is fine) and was wondering if anyone replaced their with LUK clutch kit? I found this kit on rockauto btw.

I also tried searching for "LUK" and "LUK clutch" but couldn't find any previous threads on this.

Also, will this clutch work with my stock flywheel?

Thanks!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the LUK is for a single mass/non-turbo. at least that's what I remember when I looked at the LUK clutches. I believe the disc is 9.5" on the DM turbo models and the non-turbo is 8 7/8". I had the same thing happen with my wifes car. everything looked good except the TOB so I ordered a OEM clutch from fred beans with the TSK3. clutch is in, going to try to put the trans back in this weekend.

Thanks, lovedr79!! I forgot to check fred beans site, thanks for that!! OEM clutch kit is $300 there, I wouldn't mind getting LUK for $100 less if it fits dual mass fw.

Could someone else confirm if LUK clutch kit is for single or dual mass flywheel? On rockauto it's listed under 2005 lgt.

Thanks guys!!

thx

so i guess i have to look into resurfacing cost. it might be expensive and worth getting a new flywheel instead?

one other thing, i like the feel of stock clutch pedal. I don't want it to get any stiffer. Will conversion to smfw make the clutch stiffer? from what i've been reading it should make it lighter??

So going by dimensions (thanks lovedr79), seems like this clutch is made for dual mass flywheel.

http://catalog.schaeffler-aftermarket.us/detail.phtml?make=Subaru&model=Legacy&year=2005&engine=2.5L&repset=15-026&id=3258918&query_displacement=2.5L&qualfier=

From LUK's online catalogue it shows that outside diameter of a clutch part# 15026 (which is for 2005 and 2006 lgt) is 9 7/16", spline is 1" and it has 24 teeth. Does this sound correct?

For 2007 lgt, part# 15024 shows outside diameter is 9 1/16", spline is 1" and has 24 teeth.

Rockauto part#'s match LUK's online catalogue.

Is it safe to assume that LUK 15026 is indeed a clutch for dual mass fw?

Could someone confirm these dimensions?

Thanks for all the help

Hi mates. I become proud owner of legacy GL wagon from 2001. I think I have the clutch problem .The car made 280000km.

LEgacy 2001, 2.0i, GL, engine mark EJ201

This is what hapens. There is a quiet squeaking sound comeing from the clutch region. I beleive this is a sound of a TOB. I can hear it while car is in neutral. IT is 5MT.

When I press clutch the sound stops.

Also there is a one more detail and I thing this happens becouse clutch plate is worn out. When switching gear from 2nd to 3th, at 1800rpm. While throteling up ther is a bit twitching of the car up to 2400rpm than everything is ok. Same thing happens sometimes while switching from 3th to 4th gear but in smaller amount. The clutch lever is also a bit harder to depres than on other cars. I don't know how the subaru clutch works usualy but this looks a bit hard.

This happend in my old car and it was a worn out clutch.

Does this car model have dual mass flywheel or single plate? If it was the flywheel it would probably twitch in every gear.

Could you please confirm my diagnosys.

Question two. When I am in second gear at 3000rpm and press clutch to change to 3th the revs are droping slowely. Same thing hapens from 3th to 4th. Is that normal? In other cars revs usually drop low almost immidiately.

Thank you.

nope. 9 7/16" is larger than 9.5" you can try it, though. not sure if it will even bolt in.

So going by dimensions (thanks lovedr79), seems like this clutch is made for dual mass flywheel.

http://catalog.schaeffler-aftermarket.us/detail.phtml?make=Subaru&model=Legacy&year=2005&engine=2.5L&repset=15-026&id=3258918&query_displacement=2.5L&qualfier=

From LUK's online catalogue it shows that outside diameter of a clutch part# 15026 (which is for 2005 and 2006 lgt) is 9 7/16", spline is 1" and it has 24 teeth. Does this sound correct?

For 2007 lgt, part# 15024 shows outside diameter is 9 1/16", spline is 1" and has 24 teeth.

Rockauto part#'s match LUK's online catalogue.

Is it safe to assume that LUK 15026 is indeed a clutch for dual mass fw?

Could someone confirm these dimensions?

Thanks for all the help

not sure if yours is a DMFW, your TOB is going out probably. fix it soon. or you will be in the bind that i was in. the snout gets very torn up if the TOB fails.

Hi mates. I become proud owner of legacy GL wagon from 2001. I think I have the clutch problem .The car made 280000km.

LEgacy 2001, 2.0i, GL, engine mark EJ201

This is what hapens. There is a quiet squeaking sound comeing from the clutch region. I beleive this is a sound of a TOB. I can hear it while car is in neutral. IT is 5MT.

When I press clutch the sound stops.

Also there is a one more detail and I thing this happens becouse clutch plate is worn out. When switching gear from 2nd to 3th, at 1800rpm. While throteling up ther is a bit twitching of the car up to 2400rpm than everything is ok. Same thing happens sometimes while switching from 3th to 4th gear but in smaller amount. The clutch lever is also a bit harder to depres than on other cars. I don't know how the subaru clutch works usualy but this looks a bit hard.

This happend in my old car and it was a worn out clutch.

Does this car model have dual mass flywheel or single plate? If it was the flywheel it would probably twitch in every gear.

Could you please confirm my diagnosys.

Question two. When I am in second gear at 3000rpm and press clutch to change to 3th the revs are droping slowely. Same thing hapens from 3th to 4th. Is that normal? In other cars revs usually drop low almost immidiately.

Thank you.

ahhh your car has a lot of miles. That's close to 200K km. You're lucky that your TOB lasted that much if it wasn't changed before. My car has 121K km which is like 80-85K miles. This is why i'm dissapointed in Subaru, TOB failing too early grrrr

If i abused this car i'd understand but i baby this car more than i babied my old Mazda and clutch on that car lasted 180K km

anyway, back to the topic. Could you please post back how your clutch turned out?

I'm getting mixed info regarding this dmfw resurfacing. Some ppl here are saying that it can't be resurface, some say that it's hard, and i have a friend who works in auto industry saying that it can and flywheel should last the life of a car. Which it should lol

I did not resurface mine. Still trying to get trans back in car. I have read that they can be resurfaced but it takes a special setup, I think someone said s Porsche has a similar type fw and that if you can find a Porsche shop they might do it

Could someone please clarify what is the part number for Excedy smfw+clutch kit replacement for 05 lgt?

is it FJK1001FW?

What is exedy part number clutch replacement for dmfw?

This is so confusing, there are so many type of clutches listed and they all differe in size.

Archived