LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

New shoes just came in! Brand is Fast Wheels, a Canadian wheel manufacturer. 18x9 et40, 5x100/114.3, in matte gold! What do you guys think? Hope I can mount them soon but I'm waiting for my tires to come in... I'll be mounting 235/40/18 Kumho Ecsta 4x :)

fastwheels-attack-1.thumb.JPG.9bcafc996f24e39830154123825c6f78.JPG

fastwheels-attack-2.thumb.jpg.6c2fe8a566dd2bce007419e156e73235.jpg

New shoes just came in! Brand is Fast Wheels, a Canadian wheel manufacturer. 18x9 et40, 5x100/114.3, in matte gold! What do you guys think? Hope I can mount them soon but I'm waiting for my tires to come in... I'll be mounting 235/40/18 Kumho Ecsta 4x :)

Canadian?

Funny how I just got some samples today, the wheel looks exactly the same.

Canadian?

Funny how I just got some samples today, the wheel looks exactly the same.

Well, they've been around Montreal area for almost 20 years and pretty active in the Montreal racing scene. Did you get a sample from a different manufacturer or also from Fast? Could be highly possible that it's rebranded china wheels but I got them for $200 a wheel which is quite affordable in my books for the right size/style/finish/quality. Any pics of your samples?

Konig integram

18x8 +45

225/40/18

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab336/03wrxsubi/IMAG0442_zpsmq3yfbap.jpg

Those look great in Graphite. Can you post a picture to show how flat or concave the face of the wheel looks.

Well, they've been around Montreal area for almost 20 years and pretty active in the Montreal racing scene. Did you get a sample from a different manufacturer or also from Fast? Could be highly possible that it's rebranded china wheels but I got them for $200 a wheel which is quite affordable in my books for the right size/style/finish/quality. Any pics of your samples?

no pics yet, just unloaded today. However, I'm pretty sure those FAST wheels are not made in Canada...

Those look great in Graphite. Can you post a picture to show how flat or concave the face of the wheel looks.

with that spec, don't expect any concave, it's gonna be flat like an airport

no pics yet, just unloaded today. However, I'm pretty sure those FAST wheels are not made in Canada...

with that spec, don't expect any concave, it's gonna be flat like an airport

I would agree that it's not made in Canada but at least the company is managed by a long standing Canadian company so I hope the QC is better than the Asian reps haha. When you have a chance, look into the inside rims, my wheels have FAST logo molded in the inside spokes so at least I know it's their own personal mold not just a rebranded knockoff.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/29/9ebu8avy.jpg

They aren't completely flat, I'll try to get better pics today

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab336/03wrxsubi/IMAG0447_zpsmfjgescd.jpg

Bridgestone RE760 vs Falken Azenis 615k

Both 275/40/17

Enkei rpf1 17x9 +45 in SBC

1244451289_20140527_190330-Copy.thumb.jpg.31190214ab79fd1761a3c6209adf40e5.jpg

1772368224_20140528_185839-Copy.thumb.jpg.84372ec0024e1843d88df1b446875989.jpg

503380158_20140527_101246-Copy.thumb.jpg.bc192ce1547ad70dddf47e889a8e50bb.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

yes, overall dimension would be the same as what Fred is running but with 275/35-18 tires on 18x9+45 wheels. This would require coilovers and fender rolling/trimming/pulling as Fred has done.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=275&aspect=40&diameter=17&wheelwidth=9&offset=45&width2=275&aspect2=35&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=45

Those blocky steam rollers must make some noise.

Yes...noticeably more than the re760's which were relatively sublime. But, the gain in grip is equal to the jump from 255 to 275. It feels as if I went to a 295 re760.

Do you think that setup with the 275s would fit with 18 inch wheels?

Somezero has 275's with 18's but with +43 offset. You can't go much less in offset or you will not be able to clear the fender even with trimming and rolling.

I contemplated rpf1's in 18x9.5 +38 to fit 275's but it would poke way too much.

I'm glad I didn't because the steering response is now noticeably better and almost crisp.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

yes, overall dimension would be the same as what Fred is running but with 275/35-18 tires on 18x9+45 wheels. This would require coilovers and fender rolling/trimming/pulling as Fred has done.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=275&aspect=40&diameter=17&wheelwidth=9&offset=45&width2=275&aspect2=35&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=45

I was thinking you'd stick with the /40s, but 35s would probably work since the tires as so wide anyway. I'm just terrified of potholes and want to make sure there's a decent amount of rubber to get through before the edge of the pavement can damage a wheel.

For an 18" wheel the sidewall on a 275/35, or 255/40 for that matter (what I am running), is the same height as our stock 225/45, so same wheel protection. Plus, tires with stiffer sidewalls like my BFGs will provide more protection.

Hey everyone, I've got a question, sort of a newbie one.

I'm a real fan of BBS RS style, and we've got a 05' wagon in our family. I wanna do a wheel swap for summer look on it

Like said, RS's are my fav wheels, drool on any car I see, but I cant google up any images of an BSS RS original/copy on a 2005-2009 gen Legacy.

There's a lot of sick rims in this thread, they all add to the look, but I'd really like to see how the RS, so common on stanced Imprezas etc would look on our Legacy.

Im considering getting a beater bimmer down the road, after grad. Like e34-e39, and fit it RS as well. But I suppose same rims wont be interchangable between Legacy and e39?

Thanks!!

For an 18" wheel the sidewall on a 275/35, or 255/40 for that matter (what I am running), is the same height as our stock 225/45, so same wheel protection. Plus, tires with stiffer sidewalls like my BFGs will provide more protection.

Yep, I plan on going with 255/40 when it it's time to replace my tires for that reason. Simply hadn't done the math on the 275/35s, but figured it was probably close which is why I thought they'd probably be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question , I am looking into getting some xxr 527 which the smallest come in is 17x8.25 with a 25 or 35 offset. I just put new tires on my stock rims and would like to use them rather than buying another set they are 205/50-17. Will I be able to use them, I don't mind alittle stretch in the tire like Ive seen on other cars. Also what offset should I get. Oh I'm on bc coilovers and I have like a pinky finger gap between the tire and fender. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a quick question , I am looking into getting some xxr 527 which the smallest come in is 17x8.25 with a 25 or 35 offset. I just put new tires on my stock rims and would like to use them rather than buying another set they are 205/50-17. Will I be able to use them, I don't mind alittle stretch in the tire like Ive seen on other cars. Also what offset should I get. Oh I'm on bc coilovers and I have like a pinky finger gap between the tire and fender. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search please...

https://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=205+on+8.25+wheel&gbv=2&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=JY2YU5vkKoThoATUt4C4BQ&ved=0CBQQsAQ

look at post 2454 and 2455

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/32-brakes-wheels-tires-sponsored-jscspeed-com/25080-fitment-thread-82.html

Exactly what you asked!

Also keep in mind every tire has a different measured width relative to whatever it actually says in the numbers in the size. They can vary a lot. His tires being 205/50-17 might size and stretch differently than yours, if theyre not the same brand and model.