LegacyGT.com

New to Subaru's... Questions

Hello - I am new to this forum and Subaru's. I'm in the process of purchasing a 2007 Legacy GT 5A right now (18k on the clock for $20,500 :p).

I have a few "non-standard" questions:

1. The car apparently has a Cobb intake system, I've searched and searched but found no reference or dyno charts indicating the % or actual HP gain this sytem provides. Does anyone have numbers?

2. Apparently it has an aftermarket exhaust system (I believe it is a Cobb cat back, but not sure). Once again does anyone have advertised % or HP gains for these systems?

I'm a regular on the Diesel Truck Resource site and virtually every single performance product ever sold for Cummins Turbo Diesels has some reference to the gain in HP or economy increase, often times the manufacturer will post dyno runs to back up their product and most of the time they are true to their word.

Am I not looking in the right place for the performance numbers for subie parts? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

From what I have read, the exhaust modification will only make a difference if you got a bigger snail under the hood (turbo) and that the intake could possibly reduce power slightly. Also turbo backs are where the power is to be had since you delete the catalytic converter in the downpipe or swap it for a high flow cat.

The intake does make a cool sound (pfshhh) when shifting (test drove an 07 at the dealership with the cobb exhaust and intake before I bought the specb)

The exhaust was not loud at all, other then looking a lot better I could not even tell it was aftermarket. The intake could basically lean out the motor a little (if running a tune not accounting for it) from what members have posted. Cobb does make a very good quality product though!

understood thanks. But does any manufacturer post "gain" numbers for any of the products for our LGT's?

Thanks!!

Eric

Some do...they might be LGT specific but those aren't the exact numbers your car will achieve. There's way too many variables at play here. Just search this site and you'll find what you can expect to gain/lose power wise and more.

Subaru's what? :confused:

It looks like a grammatical error.

Anyways, to the OP: Catbacks are good for noise gains more than power. An intake alone really doesn't have any significance. If you're going for power, a turbo back is your best bet for exhaust. Also, a tune with exhaust and intake will be like night and day over stock. Mhm, the world of forced induction.

Archived