LegacyGT.com

Anyone Running Synapse DV?

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b468/Fearless_French/CIMG0061.jpg

That's what it looks like with the IPR TMIC. The BPV is still in the stock-ish location. It looks like there is a little wiggle room with clearance, but not much, and I haven't found a good way to measure how much clearance there is with the hood closed.

• 1 month later...
After being on backorder for a month, I finally received my DV. I had totally forgotten that my friend uses it on his STi track car, so I kind of eyeballed it the next time I saw his car, and thought it should work with the upgraded TMIC. I will be installing it first thing tomorrow morning, and will be sure to take comparison photos. I plan on starting off running pull config, probably B only, to start. I will post my thoughts, and if anyone else is using it, please feel free to post your config here as well.

I am finally installing mine tomorrow as well. I think I'm going to set it up for Pull, because I generally don't like push sound and it won't affect the performance in a noticeable way. And port B for the quickest response.

Hah! How the hell are we synced?

Anyways, assembly is a breeze with the DV. It can be a little hairy removing the locking collars, since they are one piece, but be reasonable with the forces applied, and you won't break it. Here it is assembled compared to the stock BPV:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9530/img0979gc.jpg

Just an FYI on how to discern Pull from Push config. If your outlet looks like mine, it is in Pull mode. If it the opposite, and the flat diaphragm part is on the IC side, you're in Push mode.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7752/img0980sl.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4479/img0981vc.jpg

I would be very concerned about using the stock BPV return hose, as there is quite a bit of tension on it. *I will be having my turbo swapped in a few weeks, and it will be replaced with the Samco one, so I am not worried.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3897/img0983xn.jpg

In terms of fitment, it is excellent! It just barely clears the hood cover thing, and doesn't seem to be rubbing. The flange is much more thin compared to stock, so I had to use a few washers on the bolts I am using (I ordered the Company23 BPV stud kit to replace this. ******* Rallysport Direct criminals charged more for shipping than the bolts themselves!!). I also could not reuse the stock hose clamp for the BPV return line, and replaced it with a worm gear clamp.

My impressions:

I am currently running Pull B config, and HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! The car feels so smooth! I am on a pretty terrible, neutered tune, from a bunch of leaks I had at the end of last year. The DV has really made the car more responsive, as it gets into boost a little faster and holds the power in between upshifts. It also seems a tiny bit quieter than the stock one. But overall, I am extremely happy with the DV, and although it is a bit of coin, I think it will be worth every penny in the long run!

Because we both went with the best setup ;) I'm about to do mine, how did you run the supply line? Just used the stock line and extended it it looks like?

We want that ultimate setup, but I think it's funny how we ended up doing it at the same time :lol:

But it is incorrect in my final pic. That can only be used if both A+B are used, or else, as I found out, the unused Y causes a massive leak. If only using one port, just use a single line and run it directly into the vacuum hose that was used on the stock BPV. You will need a hose clamp to keep it secure, but don't over tighten it, obviously.

Hahaha you didn't cap it at first? We're you freaking out? Glad you like it, can't wait to get my car wrapped up so I can drive it. How obnoxious is the sound? I have my fingers crossed that it won't be super loud.

Haha, nah. I turned on the car w the good popped to check everything before I drove. You could easily hear the leak, so it was no big deal to swap it out. The DV is actually more quiet, I think. But I'm the opposite, I wanted a loud noise haha. In the end I'll take performance over sound

I am very impressed! I've driven around more and the car feels great! Not that there was anything wrong previously, but it just feels better. It's a kind of mod only the driver would ever notice. I'm going to test A+B mode later tonight, as my friend w the racecar thought it felt more responsive

Recirc mode is def quieter, from what I can tell. I also have an SPT intake and Perrin inlet. Both of which really made the stock one much more audible, but the DV is pretty quiet. My inner ricer is disappointed haha

From what I've read, it's seems like most recirc brands are relatively quiet, as that is how recirc just is. Read some good things about Forge, not seen much on Turbosmart. Also try Cobb, if he doesn't want to go Synapse

Recirc will always be quieter because the air has to travel through the dump tube and then out the intake, that is a long way away from the valve. With VTA the valve is right next to the orifice, so it's much louder.

[almost] One-week update:

I never ended up changing to another setting (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), and the car still feels excellent on Pull-B. The DV is starting to become a little more audible on shifts, so I guess it was more quiet before it broke-in? Anyways, I am still extremely pleased with the purchase, and I think it will be a great compliment to my new turbo!

Archived