LegacyGT.com

pittsburgh area shop for clutch work

planigan

My baby is having throw out bearing issues (I think) at ~60K. So, I figure I might as well replace the clutch while the mechanic has it all torn apart.

I'm just not sure where to take my car. Anyone have suggestions on a Pittsburgh-area shop who does quality drivetrain work at a reasonable price?

The place I go for all my work is Davidson Subaru. He has 30+ yrs experience with Subarus. His son Andy is a WRX - STI guru. They do it all and at reasonable prices.

Davidson's Auto Repair

108 Subaru Drive

Kittanning, PA 16201

phone: (724) 545-2825

Quick turn around as well.

J&s dyno in Verona, Moore performance in Carnegie. Hit the Pittsburgh thread on nasioc, tons of locals on there may have more guidance. Where in the city are you?
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Interested to see what they quote you, of you don't mind posting it up. Thanks!

No problem.

J&s dyno in Verona, Moore performance in Carnegie. Hit the Pittsburgh thread on nasioc, tons of locals on there may have more guidance. Where in the city are you?

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll poke around over on NASIOC. I'm in the Friendship/Bloomfield area.

Called Davidson today. They priced the OEM DM kit at $850, which includes the pressure plate, disc, flywheel, and bearings. Said the whole job would run around $1500 at $60/hr labor and other miscellaneous parts (gaskets, etc).

I'm thinking I'll probably go with them and just stay stock. I'm not planning on building a 400+ HP beast any time soon, so there's really no reason for me to play around with an aftermarket kit that I might not even like.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the tranny snout isn't shot to hell. I'll let yinz know how the job goes.

• 3 weeks later...
Im in the process of ordering a 16g from BNR. The up/down pipes are on there way along with new oils lines etc... Will the Cobb ap do a good enough tune in the first stage? If not, I live in Somerset and have no idea of where to take it for a good tune. With someone who is trustworthy.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright as you guys know my turbo went. I just took off the intercooler and there is a decent amount of aluminum shavings in it from when the turbo went. Should I be worried about the motor once I get it up and running again? I only drove the car 10 miles b4 I shut it off and it only has 60,000 miles on it.

Archived