LegacyGT.com

legacy STI?...

ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the boards, hope you enjoy your say here and Im sure if you read enough posts you will see that the Subaru is the way to go. The STi is still currently coming. There is no official word on production as of yet although I think Japan, NZ and Australia will be the first to see the car with Europe following closely. There are plenty of pics here on this site of the car although there is no confirmation from Subaru that the car exists. Apparently!!!!!!!!!! we here in Australia should see this car before the end of the year. Here is hoping..... we are all holding out. Stay Tuned.... Adam.

[quote name='soccrstar']ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks[/quote] This post contained no fewer than [b]19[/b] grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors! Congratulations! My grammar and punctuation are horrible, but I would be hard pressed to include so many mistakes into such a short post. :D And yes, I hope the Legacy STi comes soon, in SpecB looking trim, in WR Blue, with 300/300 engine, and the option for a wagon. -Allen

I think Wagon is more than an option, for me it is Suby's reason for being on the list and owning a market segment. If Suby does not offer SpecB or Sti in Wagon with MT, and only offers a sedan, I would buy the BMW 330ix over the the Suby in a heart beat. Talking Sport or Sti wagons, AudiS4(now an eight) is out because of Audi ownership nightmare and a nose heavy car over front axle. BMW does not offer the 330i AWD Wagon and insists on only giving NorAm the 325 engine I bought "9" years ago. Me and alot of outdoor sport enthusiasts want a wagon, I have ordered the current Leg GT wagon and I hope Suby decides to own the sport wagon market by offering the SpecB/Sti version Wagon. Pardon my spelling, sentence structure, punctuation and participation in advance. Did I say I like Suby wagons best?

[quote name='soccrstar']ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks[/quote] *cough* hold on I think you forgot some numbers from your user name. soccrstar16 has a better ring to it. :lol:

If the legacy STI did make it States-side soon, I would think a program similar to the WRX trade-in will be made available for all GT owners. Also, the WR Blue w/ the gold rims, navi, 6 spd manual would look so good. Especially with me sitting in one and a plate that says "M3 KILLA". And a black M3 next to me at a red-light My only mission in life then would be to take M3 owners and beat them silly at lights.

Hey Twisted, I think you have some issues that could be better addressed by another type of forum. Me too, it would be fun to knock 3bees off their high horse. As a car lover you gota appreciate BMW engineering and balance, but there are alot of BMW owners with weak egos that require a BMW badge to feel superior. Soon to be smug LegGT owner.

[quote name='gt_ltd']why ///M3 instead of ///M5?[/quote] M5 with a V10? Will be hard to beat but possible. Also, BMW are also coming out with a new M3 so I'd be careful about trying to compete with them. Rumours are it will have turbo as an option - not sure if there's any truth in this. In any case, it will be faster than the current M3. That's why the new STi should be a H6 turbo with well over 300 bhp - and must have good rubber of course. We have to admit the M3 is a nicer car but the cost is rediculous.

[quote name='akm3'][quote name='soccrstar']ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks[/quote] This post contained no fewer than [b]19[/b] grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors! Congratulations! My grammar and punctuation are horrible, but I would be hard pressed to include so many mistakes into such a short post. :D And yes, I hope the Legacy STi comes soon, in SpecB looking trim, in WR Blue, with 300/300 engine, and the option for a wagon. -Allen[/quote] :evil: Is it just me or is anyone else REALLY annoyed w/ all the grammar whores on this forum? If you want to disect everyone's post's and correct them why dont you join a grammar forum or something? I would think people come here to discuss the Subaru LEGACY!!! Get a life. Mike...

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy'][quote name='akm3'][quote name='soccrstar']ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks[/quote] This post contained no fewer than [b]19[/b] grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors! Congratulations! My grammar and punctuation are horrible, but I would be hard pressed to include so many mistakes into such a short post. :D And yes, I hope the Legacy STi comes soon, in SpecB looking trim, in WR Blue, with 300/300 engine, and the option for a wagon. -Allen[/quote] :evil: Is it just me or is anyone else REALLY annoyed w/ all the grammar whores on this forum? If you want to disect everyone's post's and correct them why dont you join a grammar forum or something? I would think people come here to discuss the Subaru LEGACY!!! Get a life. Mike...[/quote] No hostility, please. There are some who feel that improper language usage can actually be an impediment to discussing the Subaru Legacy. The initial jibe was clearly good-natured. But sometimes, people don't know, sometimes people don't care. It's a fact of life that we all deal with. Another fact is that there are many different levels of linguistic ability and education on this board. The one thing we have in common is our interest in the Legacy. And we can all co-exist peacefully, as long as the hostility levels are kept to a minimum. Thanks, Kevin

[quote name='agctr']Twisted, I would have to say that the ///M3 would DESTROY the GT, STi or not. Now ///M5, well thats a totally different ball game............. Adam.[/quote] I dont know about that one Adam... The 2.5ltr STi Impreza gets nearly a half second on the M3 over the ¼ mile going by Car and Driver tests etc. I dont think a Legacy STi is going to weigh enough more to make .5 seconds, never mind enough for a M3 to "eat it"

Ahhh the debate continues. Drive the M then wait and drive the STi, trust me, the ///M is quicker. Forget about what the books say, drive both (and we are talking STOCK ONLY) regardless if on the straight, take off or in the twisties........... Drive both, MY05 Models, then tell me your thoughts ? Adam. PS Dont forget the ///M3 in the US is down on power compaired to the UK, Europe and Australian Models ...... US 333HP AUS 343HP...... or shoud I put /// !

[quote name='agctr']Drive both, MY05 Models, then tell me your thoughts ? [/quote] Yeap, and the M3 is quicker off the mark, mostly faster on the straights but on fast turns I'd say the GT and M3 are neck and neck. When the new M3 comes out it will be definitely faster all round. So, a 3.0 turbo STi would be nice to keep up with the M3 if not overtake it if done properly. But then the M3 is about 2.5 times the cost here in Oz so I'm not complaining.

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='05USdmGTgUy'][quote name='akm3'][quote name='soccrstar']ok i'm deciding on whether to get a Mazdaspeed6 (when it comes out next year) or a subaru legacy GT Limited people are talkin' bout a legacy STI waz like no u mean impreza they said no, so i come to the experts here and see if ne1 know bout this and if they can enligten me as i am lost :oops: thanks[/quote] This post contained no fewer than [b]19[/b] grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors! Congratulations! My grammar and punctuation are horrible, but I would be hard pressed to include so many mistakes into such a short post. :D And yes, I hope the Legacy STi comes soon, in SpecB looking trim, in WR Blue, with 300/300 engine, and the option for a wagon. -Allen[/quote] :evil: Is it just me or is anyone else REALLY annoyed w/ all the grammar whores on this forum? If you want to disect everyone's post's and correct them why dont you join a grammar forum or something? I would think people come here to discuss the Subaru LEGACY!!! Get a life. Mike...[/quote] No hostility, please. There are some who feel that improper language usage can actually be an impediment to discussing the Subaru Legacy. The initial jibe was clearly good-natured. But sometimes, people don't know, sometimes people don't care. It's a fact of life that we all deal with. Another fact is that there are many different levels of linguistic ability and education on this board. The one thing we have in common is our interest in the Legacy. And we can all co-exist peacefully, as long as the hostility levels are kept to a minimum. Thanks, Kevin[/quote] Cool Kevin, no hostility here, just seems like a waste of space here , and very unnecessary. Guess it just bothers me. I will bite my tounge. Wish we would just stay on topic. Mike...

Right when i saw the post title i was going to mention what the first post actually said. Im more confident in subaru bringing over the Legacy STI because it will now have to compete with the mazda speed6.

[quote name='KayGT']Right when i saw the post title i was going to mention what the first post actually said. Im more confident in subaru bringing over the Legacy STI because it will now have to compete with the mazda speed6.[/quote] Why, when the Legacy GT is already faster than the MazdaSpeed? I repeat, what will enhance the possibility of Subaru's creating, then importing an STi is Legacy GT sales numbers, bottom-line reality that shows SOA that the USDM is serious about a high-performance Legacy. When the WRX blew up, it made it easy to justify bringing over an Impreza STi. There are surveys, etc, about a higher-performance Legacy that are being compiled and eventually will be sent to Subaru. Far be it from me to scoff at the work of anyone, but anybody can say that they will buy a high-performance Legacy, such as an STi model. It's another thing altogether to put your $35K (don't kid yourselves if you think such a car would be cheaper than that) where your mouth is, instead of saying, "$35,000 for a Subaru? I can get an Acura TL, or (insert prestige marque here) for that." Might a Legacy STi become a reality? Sure. But Legacy GT sales are going to have to be a whole lot better than they are for such a reality to occur. And at present, that 7-passenger vehicle is occupying hearts and minds at Subaru. Kevin

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']:evil: Is it just me or is anyone else REALLY annoyed w/ all the grammar whores on this forum? If you want to disect everyone's post's and correct them why dont you join a grammar forum or something? I would think people come here to discuss the Subaru LEGACY!!! Get a life. Mike...[/QUOTE] [grammar nazi]Well learn teh grammer and maybee everywun will get teh life!!?!?111 :eek:[/grammar nazi]

[quote name='MtnSub']I think Wagon is more than an option, for me it is Suby's reason for being on the list and owning a market segment. If Suby does not offer SpecB or Sti in Wagon with MT, and only offers a sedan, I would buy the BMW 330ix over the the Suby in a heart beat. Talking Sport or Sti wagons, AudiS4(now an eight) is out because of Audi ownership nightmare and a nose heavy car over front axle. BMW does not offer the 330i AWD Wagon and insists on only giving NorAm the 325 engine I bought "9" years ago. Me and alot of outdoor sport enthusiasts want a wagon, I have ordered the current Leg GT wagon and I hope Suby decides to own the sport wagon market by offering the SpecB/Sti version Wagon. Pardon my spelling, sentence structure, punctuation and participation in advance. Did I say I like Suby wagons best?[/QUOTE] If only we could spec cars how we want them, not how they want to build them. Agreed, manufacturers should stop limiting our choices of packaging......Toyota/Scion has shown that it is more cost effective to put all the goodies in and offer standard pricing with their new Tc coupe. This allows the dealers to stock one trim level and the only option is color. All options are dealer installed. I wanted a Legacy GT with sunroof, but had to get leather to get it (w/ the Limited model). GT Limited's with 5sp are rare, so I had to place a factory order. I have two large dogs and not sure how the leather will stand up to them. Besides, leather is not a good choice for backroad driving....it doesn't hold you in the seat. Even with companies like MINI (built by BMW), they claim you can build any car you want. Not true. Try getting anything but black/silver cloth in the new convertibles. Your only other choice is five colors of leather. MINI claims they have so many choices, there is a 1 in 100K chance of seeing the exact same car on the road.

Archived