LegacyGT.com

How long did your first pair of tires last.

pags23

I've got 33k on my stock re92s and they look less than 1/2 worn. I expect to get 50-60k before I feel they are dangerous.

That being said, they suck in even moderately hard cornering on damp roads. And they don't breakaway progressively in the wet. Of course, I'm running cobb sways...so that helps snap the rear-end too :)

Joe

Judging by your wheels, you have the 2.5i, correct? If so, you have Yokohama Advans A82A's, and not the RE92's the others are talking about (those come stock on the GT's). I got around 20,000 miles before a nail punctured my front driver's and replaced them all with Continental DWS.

They weren't bad tires, and got me through two winters prior.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I got 40k miles out of my stock RE92s before I replaced them as a precautionary measure. They probably could have gone an additional 10k miles, but winter was approaching and I didn't trust them for snowboarding season. :(

3 year lease, I am just hoping I will not have to worry about that expense

You're living beyond your means if the cost of replacing an essential wear item like tires worries you. :rolleyes:

I've gone thru two sets of tires in 40k miles. I don't get how some of you are running the stockers for +60k miles.

do you replace them after the little nubs come off or do you drive exclusivley sideways? I'll admit that 75k was pushing it but 2 sets in 40 k is a bit extreme

Archived