LegacyGT.com

New Shop!!!

mwiener2

Everyone knows Harvey. He used to work at Super Rupair.

Now he has his own shop. It's a bit farther out, but it's easier to get to. It's at 66th and I-25 just outside of Longmont.

It's not officially open yet, about 2 weeks out. My involvement is uncertain at the moment... But I might handle all of his install work as he wants to tune only.

We will have a twin retarder Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno. I'm not certain on the exact numbers, but I believe it is 1200 Ftlbs on the front roller and 2400 on the rear (for 2wd applications). This makes Harvey's new dyno the most capable in Colorado. We can handle just about any car out there, including big rigs (if we can fit it on the rollers, we can run it)

I'll post updates as they become available.

Edit: If anyone has suggestions on what they would like to see out of a small scale high quality shop, please post up. I would like to get into custom turbo setups with custom weld jobs. Any interest in stuff like that?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dyno Dynamics IS a heart breaker. But if you do a before and afteron the same dyno and gain 50 hp, you still gained 50hp regardless of where that 50 peaks at. Every single dyno reads differently then the next one. They are tuning tools, not penis size measurement devices like some people seem to think.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Don't know numbers yet. Harvey mentioned a different rate system for tunes then what most people do.

I'm toying with a semi-flat rate based system for my side. I also want to have "A la carte" style services as well.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Will you do regular maintenance as well? Super Rupair took care of my 06 92x and I was planning on just taking my 09 Legacy there as well, but if you guys do the boring work as well, I'll give you guys a shot for my big ones (15k, 30k, 45k, etc).

This is actually a fantastic idea. Harvey does great work and I have no doubt you do the same. I'd be more than happy to take my beater to this shop. What the name of the shop going to be?

Also, I've been planning on doing my speed density setup for a while but don't have a lot of spare time lately. Would that be something that either of the two of you would be willing to do? The ECU and SMT-6 are already installed. Just need the setup/tune done.

EDIT: Was also thinking about having a water sprayer installed at some point. Not sure which way I want to go with how it is initialized but I would think Harvey and yourself would be able to help me with this?

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Excellent - just excellent. Congrats all around.

And I actually LIKE my dyno dynamics numbers.

My suggestions would be a complete rotated kit for the LGT, as and a 6mt swap for us with the 5 speed.

eekay: Harvey's side of the shop (and probably the name on the building) will be 'The Boostcreep'. I haven't got a name for my side yet, but I've got a couple ideas.

The work you mentioned above is exactly the type of work we (I) will be doing. Custom work is my favorite.

Legend: It will happen.

John: I don't think I'll have the support to make kits to be sold (at least not for a while), but building a rotated kit for a customer would be something I could handle.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Need a loaner car available. I've got an extra car but it doesn't help me one bit since I'm not willing to walk home from Longmont or Boulder. It's why I use Super Rupair, even though it's a half hour from me.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

eekay: Harvey's side of the shop (and probably the name on the building) will be 'The Boostcreep'. I haven't got a name for my side yet, but I've got a couple ideas.

The work you mentioned above is exactly the type of work we (I) will be doing. Custom work is my favorite.

Absolutely perfect! I'll certainly be heading your way whenever you're ready for me then. :) Just keep us up-to-date as to when the shop is open.

The Boostcreep ... I wonder if he still remembers how that name came about :lol:

Congrats to you guys. This will certainly be an accomplishment. I hope to be one of the first visitors as I need Harvey to work out some boost issues since my last tune.

-Sergei

My car read 317.9 HP at Super Rupair. Harvey's dyno read 317.8 HP. Close enough for me.

That's because Longmont is 6" higher in elevation than Boulder.

Cool video. If you want to get another comparison (okay free dyno pull), lemme know!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

We've got plenty of test cars, don't worry.

This is a much nicer/safer setup than many of you will have ever seen. The cars will be backed up the ramps and onto the dyno. Then driven straight off. We don't need to use straps and lengthening/shorting the dyno to get the wheels off the rollers. Just unstrap the car and drive off.

We also can now use the preferred tie down method. Instead of strapping the body to the ground, we strap the axle/ suspension piece to the dyno. No bouncing. No slack. No weaving on the rollers.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Perfect! I can't wait to get my beater dyno'd! Even if the numbers are awful... I could care less. I'll be bring my car in first! (I've waited a long time. **** the rest of you) :) . Kidding, of course.

Mine was the first one on the dyno :p

You DICK! Not that it wasn't expected... :) Like I said, just let me know the day you open. I'll be there with expectations! (and whole-hearted know that you'll do a fantastic job...)

Okay, I am interested, how much for a turbo install? Direct bolt on FP68hta on a 06 STI. I can do the job myself but if the price is right I might let you do it.

The dyno looks awesome, what is the location of the new shop?

Again, good luck with the new buisness.

Archived