LegacyGT.com

Magnusonsubie's 05 LGT Wagon thread.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From my short trip home a couple weeks ago. VW needed water in Medford Oregon and Oil in Seattle.

33207617153_1fce799073_c.jpg

And Brandon just loves photographing my carbon rear garnish. I'm not complaining. One of my favorite little touches on my car.

33634644820_5b2d967cbe_c.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

How are the isc coilovers?

What front top hat option did you go with?

What damping setting did you go with?

What are your spring rates?

I like them personally but I've ridden in cars with more comfortable coilovers. I have the pillow ball tophats with the camber adjustment. Damping is full firm and spring rates are 8k front and 6k rear IIRC.

2005 Vader Wagon

• 2 months later...

Longtime no update. Car has been running great. Did the Cascade loop at the end of May with kalien32 and some other non legacy friends.

35004398845_ab053dbcd7_c.jpg

35004399355_081e3f4afa_c.jpg

Then was in Portland for work for a couple weeks and curbed 2 wheels on a sneaky curb so it accelerated my plans to buy new wheels. Ended up with SSR GTX01 in Dark Silver 18x8.5 +44 and swapped my tires from the Rotas over.

35643051745_3c9940f99c_c.jpg

35643051235_6f67b11f7a_c.jpg

Also visible in the last pic is the carbon Madrig spoiler. Some very fine tuning left to do on the fitment of it but it is miles ahead of the MachV spoiler in terms of fitment. Don't have any good pictures but I also snagged a full set of Brembos that I believe to be from an 07 STi limited as they are black instead of gold. Previous owner claims the owner of them before him recoated them but its hard to say. They need a refinish anyway so thats going to be a semi long term project. Going to rebuild the calipers with all new seals as well. Because do it once do it right.

2005 Vader Wagon

• 4 weeks later...

Going to document my paint correction here. Doing little bits every day after work this week and borrowing a car from my parents to drive to work so my car can sit in a garage. Started with a decontaminate wash that removed all previous wax and coatings.

Drivers side rear quarter just behind the passenger door swirls.

36057303361_efdcd87b55_c.jpg

Hard water spots on the hood

35799955380_ef9cd59bfd_c.jpg

Swirls on the hood

35799955250_ee15c772d4_c.jpg

Passenger side fender. Actually in really good shape and won't get any of the heavy compounds.

36057303611_02cbf1d85e_c.jpg

Passenger side quarter scratch

35799954830_ccfed1168a_c.jpg

Another scratch

35799954460_6eb52c4e7c_c.jpg

Passenger rear quarter swirls

36023064822_96fbb32a14_c.jpg

License plate pocket swirls

35799954160_7138b8aa95_c.jpg

These pictures were after the decontaminate wash just so I wasn't taking pictures of dust. I claybared the whole car including all the windows except the windshield as there are some large chips and a crack near the windshield so I'll just pay my glass deductible and get a new windshield soon. After the claybar the paint feels much better and I'm beginning to change my approach. I was planning on doing the full car with the various stages of pad types and compounds however I'm now thinking start with the lighter compounds and softer pads to see how it handles the swirls and then go to the heavier stuff for some of the bigger scratches that are in the paint. That way I'm not burning through unnecessary clearcoat in spots and hopefully then I'll be able to just maintain the paint and have it last awhile with regular 2 bucket washes and good coatings.

2005 Vader Wagon

I went straight for Meguiars 105/205 when I did mine. I may have been able to use something less aggressive initially, but caring wasn't high on my list for that, I just wanted it done. Hopefully you can get a bunch done with something lighter.

I wasn't sure how well the 2 bucket would work afterwards, but I'm happy with it so far. I was considering using multiple wash pads, but so far I'm pretty happy with my meguiars microfiber mitt and the 2 bucket. The foam gun/cannon(whichever I'm in the mood for) as a presoak seems to do well for maintenance wash. That being said, I only finished my correction about 3 weeks ago. I forgot how good the car looks when it's clean and waxed.

• 5 weeks later...

Guess I forgot to update here after the detailing. It didn't come out as well as I'd hoped it would. It is drastically better however there are still some swirls sticking around. Maybe I'll attack it again as I did my friends Tacoma and was able to get some pin stripping out of his paint from driving on trails.

Anyway just been driving the car and enjoying it. Did Aluminum control arms with Whiteline bushings all around.

Some pictures from the end of July when Kalien32 and I drove up to Mt. Rainier for the day and went hiking. Plus a bonus one at the end from a trip to Mt. Baker to go hiking as well the following weekend.

36781220866_247dbd0935_c.jpg[/url]36781220626_aa7b14f125_c.jpg[/url]36781220356_cca6fbd7ab_c.jpg[/url]36133513024_629d5e4900_c.jpg[/url]36829020731_baf225d01e_c.jpg[/url]36829039851_a1ef0fef45_c.jpg[/url]

2005 Vader Wagon

is the coilover any good? i'm considering getting the same
For the price they are they aren't bad. Part of it depends how you set them up. I have mine set with a little bit of preload rather than optioning a super high spring rate but I still have quite a bit of droop so I'm not riding at full extension all the time. Some bumps are absolutely awful others aren't bad. But I've ridden in cars with KW coils and they are much more comfortable than what I have.

2005 Vader Wagon