LegacyGT.com

Is this a good deal?

kiem

I was quoted for $24699.00 for the following:

An obsidian black Legacy GT limited - with the added options:

SHIFT KNOB (MOMO) 5M/T

SHORT THROW SHIFTER M/T - STI

METAL PEDAL PAD SET M/T - STI

The price looks good - but the only thing that's holding me is it's got 535 miles on it - and was used as demo.

Dont know if any abusive's involved - but when I test drove one, I sure did revved the heck out of it.

Dont know if any abusive's involved - but when I test drove one, I sure did revved the heck out of it.

As did probably > 75% of the members of this forum. lol. There's debate about the break in period. However, 535 seems like too many miles for my tastes. I'd keep searching (but again, that's me).

Keep searching. It's obviously a demo and I gauranteee it has been redlined many times. I just purchased a new 2005 GT limited A/T today with only 7 miles. Options I have are spoiler, homelink mirror, security upgrade, sub/amp, and wheel locks for $26,700 and 2.9% financing for 48 months. I searched for 3 weeks until I found one with low miles. They are out there.

deckard

SHIFT KNOB (MOMO) 5M/T

The price looks good - but the only thing that's holding me is it's got 535 miles on it - and was used as demo.

Keep searching. It's obviously a demo and I gauranteee it has been redlined many times. I just purchased a new 2005 GT limited A/T today with only 7 miles. Options I have are spoiler, homelink mirror, security upgrade, sub/amp, and wheel locks for $26,700 and 2.9% financing for 48 months. I searched for 3 weeks until I found one with low miles. They are out there.

deckard

Where did you get the 2.9% from, dealer or some other bank?

SHIFT KNOB (MOMO) 5M/T

I got a 5EAT Black Non-Limited Sedan with 120 miles on the odometer.

It was the only car with those trim options, the manager let me rip it to 90-100 and it has probably seen its share of redlines.

And 21,000 miles later the car is very reliable and trouble free with the following things that had to be done:

- carpet hook replacement at 1000 miles

- left axle replacement because of rust caused by water intrustion, a fluke, 4000 miles

- EGT sensor replaced, at 21,000 miles

and I beat the sh!t out of the car everyday.

I've been running sythetic, Mobil 1, starting from 7500 miles and then Mobil 1 EP, with excellent wear and oil results according to my recent analysis.

One thing you should consider, is that my car is a 5EAT, which is dumb-friendly compared to the 5MT and also the brakes may not have been used correctly, because most people would apply sudden full brake pressure instead of a steady and increasing brake pressure to heat up the pads and rotors for good mating.

Personally, 500 miles is too excessive and I wouldn't consider it a new car, but then again you've got 3yr/36k bumper2bumper and 5yr/60k powertrain warranties, plus whatever extended service contracts, not really warranties, they offer.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

For how long? When I made my deal they said it was only for 2 yrs, is that what you did?

It was 2.9% for 3 years, not 4 years, through Chase which is who Subaru is using for this special financing. My WRX is 4 years, my mistake. I do have my mortgage through Chase and I put down $13,000.00. I basically told the financing guy if i did not get the 2.9 I would walk. Needless to say I was able to get the 2.9%. If your FICO score is above 730 you should have no problem.

It was 2.9% for 3 years, not 4 years, through Chase which is who Subaru is using for this special financing. My WRX is 4 years, my mistake. I do have my mortgage through Chase and I put down $13,000.00. I basically told the financing guy if i did not get the 2.9 I would walk. Needless to say I was able to get the 2.9%. If your FICO score is above 730 you should have no problem.

I picked up mine about 2 weeks ago and I got 2.4% for 48 months. My credit is average (probably about 625 or so) but I did threaten to walk. I just kept saying no, my wife kept getting mad at me because she thought I was being a jerk. Well, I got the deal I wanted. Thanks,

Kyle

That is is very good price, do not worry about the miles BUY THAT CAR NOW!!! Use the $$ you saved for upgrades:)

Hey Vodoo-Chile did you purchase with Austin Subaru? If so hopefully you dealt with Shaelee Int sales mngr, she was great!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

No, I went through Gillman. Honestly, I wasn't even going to buy a car that day. I just wanted to test drive. Then, you know how salesman get, they really want to talk numbers. So, we did, and I ended up walking out with a pretty decent deal (I think).

Kyle

Archived