LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to be Discontinued

08 WGT

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:nono:I was talking to my local Subaru Dealer, salesmanager, he stated that after the current stock of Legacy GT's are sold, they will no longer be made, or available. According to him there are only 7-8 left to be sold in the US. So we as Legacy owners will no longer be able to buy a new Legacy GT. This is a shame. I thought that the current model would have sold well, but Subaru found out that 75-80% of 2005-2009 Legacy GT's sold, were automatic transmission units. There are some that wanted 6 speed transmissions, but just like the SPEC-B Units, the price point was to high, and they could not sell them. Most Legacy GT owners from 2005-2009, wanted automatic transmissions. So just like some other cars, Subaru is saying good -bye to the Legacy GT. This only leaves the Legacy 3.6 R units, which, Subaru feels is what most of America wants. Lets hope they don't do the same with the new Forester !!!!!! :mad:

I heard that the Honda Ridgeline would be discontinued in 2007....... its still alive! Don't believe it, at least yet! There is nothing on the Subaru dealer site about it

• Mega Users
it doesnt look promising that it will be coming back due to hybrid talk and the simple fact that people that crave the turbo still have the impreza models.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I have been dealing with salesmanger for over 20 years, and has never told me anything that wasn't true. He tried to order a Legacy GT for a customer, and he was told that they were not taking any more orders, and Legacy GT was being discontinued. So you don't believe me, that's fine, go to your local Subaru Dealer and try and order one, that should settle it. Just because it's not on Subaru site, doesn't make it not true ??? I found out about the BRZ being special sold orders only, three weeks before anything was said, by Subaru. All I'm saying, just because something hasn't been said, doesn't not make it true !!!!!!

The Subaru dealer site that is only for dealers, as in I am a salesperson for Subaru. All that is happening is they have stopped taking orders so they can start up production of the 2013 model

Outback and Forester are Subaru's best selling vehicle.

Hopefully the lgt will still be around, I want to see what the 6th gen will look like. Hope it won't get any taller or wider. If it does, what will the 8th, 9th and 10th gen look like? It'll probably be the size of the Tribeca right now but as a SEDAN.

Can you imagine? Damn, I think it will be reality. Everything gets bigger, wider and taller year after year.

Just look at the size of the legacy right now, taller, bigger and wider.

What will cars, trucks and buses look like in 15, 20 years from now?

We are going the wrong direction. Didn't know we were that huge. At least not me, I'm only 135lbs

Subaru, Please go back to the size of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen. Those were the size of what you would call car/sedan.

Outback and Forester are Subaru's best selling vehicle.

Hopefully the lgt will still be around, I want to see what the 6th gen will look like. Hope it won't get any taller or wider. If it does, what will the 8th, 9th and 10th gen look like? It'll probably be the size of the Tribeca right now but as a SEDAN.

Can you imagine? Damn, I think it will be reality. Everything gets bigger, wider and taller year after year.

Just look at the size of the legacy right now, taller, bigger and wider.

What will cars, trucks and buses look like in 15, 20 years from now?

We are going the wrong direction. Didn't know we were that huge. At least not me, I'm only 135lbs

Subaru, Please go back to the size of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen. Those were the size of what you would call car/sedan.

I think Subaru is just taking a page from what Toyota & Honda have been doing for years.

The idea is to keep making a car with the same name, but change the car so that by the time an owner wears one out, the new current version is everything they need now. This means cars getting bigger over time, as families and waistlines expand. You don't have to do any thinking, just go back to the same dealer and say you want another one of the same.

Meanwhile, they introduce new models to appeal to the areas of the market that were left behind as the other models drifted up to blimp size.

Look at the Camry, the Accord, even the Civic & Corolla. All much bigger than when they started each name. Meanwhile Fits, Scions & Yarii have been introduced to fill the small car roles.

Younger buyers get cars that are all-new and exciting; older buyers get welcome upgrades from lazily going back to the same name, and the carmakers sell more cars.

That said, I think the Outback pretty much has to keep getting bigger. The tribeca isn't selling well, so I envision them enlarging the Outback to take its place.

Meanwhile the new Subaru XV has more than a passing resemblance to the 3rd gen Outback, and the dimensions seem pretty similar too.

I heard that the Honda Ridgeline would be discontinued in 2007....... its still alive! Don't believe it, at least yet! There is nothing on the Subaru dealer site about it

Yep heard the same thing back in the day about the S2000 and it stuck around for a few more years.

Archived