LegacyGT.com

Subaru's Plastic front license plate bracket??

I was visiting a dealer in NY looking at a legacy, and i saw they had a plastic front license plate bracket, not the typical metal plate one. I asked the guy about it, and i guess the metal crap one is for the tribeca, but the legacy has a molded plastic one that looks much nicer. Anyone have those on their legacy's, or know of a part number for it because i've called around to dealers and no one knows what it is. I just want to figure it out before i go get my first legacy since i don't want a plate screwed right to the bumper.

If they're a reasonable bunch, just ask the sales guy nicely not to put the front plate on. Or you can tell them you want to wax it right away and you'll put it on yourself later.

Careful tho, depending on where you live it could be more of an issue for you. Also those equipment violation tickets for 'no front plate' add up. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

pics of the bracket, i never seen one before. I think my dealer just drilled holes and bolted the plate to the bumper.

thats how mine is, i asked the guy when i got it if there was a bracket and he told me no and that there were 2 holes in the bumper for the plate

You guys posting all have 07 or later models so I don't know if they have changed something. I bought my 05 without the bracket, and there were 2 holes in the bumper, but not for license plates. The two holes were for mounting the bracket which I later bought at the local dealer. It was in fact the metal one and it fits mine with no problem. It is the same size as the plate so you can't see behind the plate anyway.

No i'm looking for this : http://www.mycarworx.com/store/Legacy_Front_License_Plate_Bracket_Assembly.html

Only issue is that this one is 14 bucks for shipping, making it 50 total!!!:mad:

Anyone know of where i can find it cheaper. Also, this is the one i saw on a legacy at the dealer, but can't find it from Subaru directly.

• 3 years later...

I love when customers complain about having the front plate screwed into the bumper. How do you think a front tag frame is mounted? And usually with two more screws to boot.

Wanna be real slick? Pick up one of the Grimspeed tag mounts that screws into the tow hook. It's good enough for the STi and BRZ crowd ;)

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived