LegacyGT.com

Official Turbo Upgrade & Dyno Tuned Thread

mikeyan

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a place near Indianapolis or someone who could tune my car? I have a cobbs access port and the tune's are not good after the mods I have done. Its more powerful and quicker with the tune, but has a little knock here and there. With out the tune its much slower but much smoother. most of my crew says the Cobbs tune is so mild I am fine with it one. any suggestions ?

this would be a little bit of a hike, but worth your time and money

http://www.pnltuned.com/

• 3 weeks later...
I installed a DW 255lph fuel pump and DW 850cc injectors to run E85 last month. Also installed AEM AFR gauge and boost gauge while being tuned for E85. Stock turbo running 18.5 lbs with a Perrin TMIC. Dyno tune produced impressive gains! Red line is on E85, purple on 93 octane.

1311611138_Williamotto.jpg.b701bb7a2015e0d2ac152c20de73d625.jpg

• 2 months later...
I installed a DW 255lph fuel pump and DW 850cc injectors to run E85 last month. Also installed AEM AFR gauge and boost gauge while being tuned for E85. Stock turbo running 18.5 lbs with a Perrin TMIC. Dyno tune produced impressive gains! Red line is on E85, purple on 93 octane.

Just put mine on the dyno with DW65c, catless turbo back, on E85, stock injectors, stock TMIC, stock turbo. I love E85. Cryo tuned still could get more out of her yet :D 268whp 340tq

2013-01-26_15_42_35.jpg.3942dd4c57d0b32c2e6003b3bb69c08a.jpg

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

Yeah im questioning the reading of the wideband a little since fueling has been pretty solid for months and always had a little rich dip then hit target all the way to redline.

We are gonna take a look at it the next time he's in my neck of the woods. Never can be too safe since it looks like it has a rich dip, then hits target, the goes rich twords redline.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 months later...

Youtube video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHeBDlT6Gr0]VID-20130428-00006 - YouTube[/ame]

I shouldve done a build thread but I will do one this week

2008 Legacy GT 5spd

mods:

Cobb AP tuned by STI Mikey 4/28/13 @Proformance Speed Shop Franklin Park, IL Mustang Dynamometer

Invidia Catless DP

Perrin ELH

Bulletproof TMIC

Invidia Q300 exhaust v3

Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS

Stock Fueling thanks to DW sending me a faulty pump 2 times so no go on DW 850cc...

Stock Intake

about 60 degree temperature

93 octane 87%cycle duty on injectors

346 torque @ 3300rpm

252 awhp @ 4400rpm

@19.1 PSI

Im very happy with the tune tonight especially with stock fueling! Thanks to Chitown/Midwest Subarus and STI Mikey travelling to Chicago to tune our cars and Proformance Speed Shop and Infamous Tuning for excellent services!!

Unfortunately DW sent me a bad pump again and couldnt get one installed along with injectors for my tune...i will send it back and get my REFUND!!!:mad:

ELH is FTW!!:wub:

IMG-20130428-00342.thumb.jpg.ce7d2d1a53bf0aba8d61f5020a0f6d8e.jpg

Edited by tocinoman25

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 weeks later...

Cobb AP tuned at Cobb Plano. Stock turbo love.

Engine/fuel mods

.PnP'd stock exhaust manifold with grimmspeed crossover pipe

.Perrin catless up pipe

.stock vf40 [for now]

.catless down pipe

.fms cat back

.Cobb intake

.Perrin 3" inlet

.Perrin top mount with Perrin Bpv

.grimmspeed tgv deletes

.Perrin fuel rails (stock Sti injectors for now)

.fuel lab AFPR with gauge

.DW65C

.grimmspeed 3 port ebcs

.Crawford AOS

.exedy stage 2 clutch with lightweight flywheel.

I think that's it haha more to come eventually, going to be building an ej257 shortly for it before getting the bigger turbo and injectors.

Results on mustang dyno: 274 awhp 327awt with improper fuel pressure (43.5psi with manifold pressure instead of with out, rookie mistake on my part) and cracked up pipe at the time.

20130320_201315.thumb.jpg.2c07c19ea95b99d248c36d923b54f2d5.jpg

• 3 months later...
Just put mine on the dyno with DW65c, catless turbo back, on E85, stock injectors, stock TMIC, stock turbo. I love E85. Cryo tuned still could get more out of her yet :D 268whp 340tq

That is fantastic! My experience in just talking to tuners, they won't tune you for e85 with stock injectors. I'm thinking why not? If CryoTune Performance is able to pull this off, I highly commend them. I guessed that it is possible, because in order to support e85, you need 2 injector pulses for example, instead of one. Its doable, and that's how these e85 conversion devices work.

That is fantastic! My experience in just talking to tuners, they won't tune you for e85 with stock injectors. I'm thinking why not? If CryoTune Performance is able to pull this off, I highly commend them. I guessed that it is possible, because in order to support e85, you need 2 injector pulses for example, instead of one. Its doable, and that's how these e85 conversion devices work.

Also works out because I'm at a mile high. Down at sea level you cant pull off e85. On stock injectors at least.

Edited by KBGRIZZLY64

yup kbgrizzly nailed it. Elevation is the ONLY reason its possible but we suffer from a lack of air pressure to begin with so it just helps even the loss out.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 1 month later...

2005 LEGACY GT (auto)

build 2.5l block with stock 2.0l dual avcs head

stock auto tranny

vf42

AVO TMIC

AVO Turbo Inlet hose

Zerosport pulley

Perrin boost solenoid

Walbro pump

3" downpipe

2.5" mid pipe with 2" Y section

HKS Silent muffler

286whp/5456rpm and 438nm/3784rpm torque @ 1.4bar. Ron95

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w677/normality78/IMAG0034_zps94787d80.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Figured I'd ad to the registry. Next up is bnr20g and just picked up DW 750s,Perrin el header, grimmspeed mbc.

Mods

3" invidia downpipe

3" exhaust

FMIC

Vf43

DW65c

Cobb Sri

Perrin crankshaft pulley

Tuned on cobb ap v.3

Made 272/318 @ 17.5psi

And 315/339 @ 19.5psi with Sti turbo and fmic.

Hoping for 360/380 with the header/20g/750s.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a630/Allmotorkay/1CA523BE-74BC-43C8-80F0-DC09B91BBA81_zpsxkdb8lri.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know of a place near Indianapolis or someone who could tune my car? I have a cobbs access port and the tune's are not good after the mods I have done. Its more powerful and quicker with the tune, but has a little knock here and there. With out the tune its much slower but much smoother. most of my crew says the Cobbs tune is so mild I am fine with it one. any suggestions ?

Did you ever find a shop in Indy?

• 2 months later...

424whp 389tq

FP HTA71

ID1000

TGV Deletes

AMR Headers

3in Turbo Inlet

Ks tech 73mm intake

Fms Fmic

List goes on and on

Tuned by Cryotune Performance

uploadfromtaptalk1425973584703.thumb.jpg.994e3bf127db4916db82c4ab186e859f.jpg

Edited by KBGRIZZLY64

424whp 389tq

FP HTA71

ID1000

TGV Deletes

AMR Headers

3in Turbo Inlet

Ks tech 73mm intake

Fms Fmic

List goes on and on

Tuned by Cryotune Performance

Very Nice. I'll be joining the 400+ soon, had to stop at 398hp 365tq due to fuel pressure issue up top and Still more boost to Add which Will be Fixed soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

had to do an engine rebuild this past summer (cracked ring piston 4, drinking 2+qts per 3k miles), and while it was in for the work I decided to go stage 3. I had some fueling issues (symptom of a bad MAF, which was just found out and fixed) that didn't show up until after the initial tune. Finally, last week, got the car fixed and retuned. while it was in for being fixed last week, I also swapped my Perrin TMIC for a Grimmspeed TMIC

engine R&R (and all replacements done on the build sheet) done by Underdog Motorsports, as well as managing the engine rebuild and having bodywork done to the car while it was in his hands.

Tuned by BrenTuning

5EAT with Hexmods Valvebody upgrade

BNR HTA71 (LGT style compressor)

DW65c pump

DW740cc injectors

AEM intake

Grimmspeed TMIC

Grimmspeed Ported manifolds

Grimmspeed crossover

Grimmspeed UP

Grimmspeed EBCS

Cobb DP

Borla CBE

Forge BPV

and some upgraded internals. Build sheet also attached, though there are some discrepancies (I am on HTA71 not HTA68). TGVs were deleted (Grimmspeed), and all the stuff that said "recommended" were chosen to be used.

Perrin: 303whp/267wtq @ ~21lbs (I believe, the plot doesn't have it)

GrimmSpeed: 318whp/345wtq @ ~22lbs (these are the numbers he had written down, the numbers on the plot are slightly different)

The car feels awesome, pulls like a train (I'm sure the nice, cool weather helps). The curve also shifted to the left a little bit. When I was tuned originally, it was probably 85deg with 80%+ humidity. I was tuned last week in the cool, dry air. They have atmospheric measurements adjusted in the numbers, though.

The tuner said that along with added boost with the new TMIC, he was able to add some timing.

The colored plot (first attachment) with only WHP/WTQ/AFR is the perrin, the black and white plot (second attachment) with WHP/WTQ/PSI/AFR is the Grimmspeed. The tuner attributed most of the gains to the TMIC, not to fixing the MAF

HTA71_dyno_20140801.pdf

HTA71_dyno_20150323.pdf

Build Sheet - Rev.02.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
not true. title should really be Turbo Upgrade and/or Dyno Tuned thread. always good to see different dyno tunes for various, even stage 1/2 setups

While I don't disagree, the original post does not mention anything about posting stock turbo numbers.

On the suggestion of several members, and to help our non-searching brothers, welcome to a hopefully condensed Turbo Upgrade Thread.

Please Post the following:

Year and Transmission

Turbo (Please include details such as exhaust housing size, etc)

Supporting Performance Mods

Please include dyno charts and/or timeslips if you have them.

*EDIT* Please keep this ON TOPIC. OT will be deleted and removed.

Perhaps there should be a stock turbo dyno tuned thread however even this thread is redundant since there is now a whole section dedicated to performance and dyno numbers.

Rather than argue since I think you're an okay guy, I'll just post my road dyno tuned results in case folks haven't been following along in my other thread.

2005 LGT

Stock 5MT

AVO 450 BB turbo

E85 self tuned with Cobb AP

For full list of mods, click HERE.

I need to upgrade my intake and fuel pump since those are both maxed as they currently sit, but I think this has 450whp in it. Does the bottom end and transmission have the durability, though? That's the question.

AVO450GRAPH2.jpg.89c5a461797142b6d7730261e44b2f46.jpg