LegacyGT.com

running power cable through the firewall

CHUCKmfnNORRIS

i have a '11 2.5i with a 6 speed trans, i need to find a way to get a 1/0 gauge wire through the firewall. if it was an automatic trans it would be easy, but the manual clutch reservoir uses a 1 1/4" hole in the firewall that the auto trans doesn't. has anyone found a good area to drill a hole or a way to use an existing hole?

haha. what in gods name are you putting in your car that requires a 1 gauge wire

:lol: I was wondering the same thing.

Are you talking about an old school amp that actually draws a lot of current or a new amp that has 2500 "digital" watts. Take a look at the fuses on the amp. It probably has a pair of green 30 amp fuses.

Not picking on you. It's just that 1/0 gauge is more for SPL vehicles with multiple amps and additional batteries. My last car had (2) 4/0 guage runs for 3 amps and that was probably overkill.

Getting back to your original question...;)... I wonder if the newer Legacy's still have a gromit in the wheel well. You just pull down the drivers side plastic fender skirt and it's right there. Nice and easy.

:lol: I was wondering the same thing.

Are you talking about an old school amp that actually draws a lot of current or a new amp that has 2500 "digital" watts. Take a look at the fuses on the amp. It probably has a pair of green 30 amp fuses.

Not picking on you. It's just that 1/0 gauge is more for SPL vehicles with multiple amps and additional batteries. My last car had (2) 4/0 guage runs for 3 amps and that was probably overkill.

Getting back to your original question...;)... I wonder if the newer Legacy's still have a gromit in the wheel well. You just pull down the drivers side plastic fender skirt and it's right there. Nice and easy.

this is the amp im going to be running. i plan on using xspower batteries, Knu Konceptz wires, mechman high output alt. and im putting 2 of these in my trunk

• 2 months later...

Archived