LegacyGT.com

Wheel Wax?

I have some garage queen OEM 04 STi BBS wheels I'm getting ready to mount up, they are pristine, like new and I would like them to remain that way. I want to treat them with the best product available does OCD or anyone else prefer this product.

Might be worth trying one of the new wheel coatings.

There are several now. DP, Pinnacle, Optimum etc etc

Any of them would fine.

If I ever get NEW wheels again, I will giving a coating a try.

Expensive compared to your typical sealant but if it keeps the

dust from etching into the wheel, that would be a win in my book.

I'd probably apply cquortz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

You could try megs ultimate or carpro Hydro 2

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

People also swear by carpro reload. If I had to pick one product it would be opti-coat 2.0. But that would most definitely involve taking the wheels off and meticulously cleaning/claying/polishing them; not to mention an IPA wipe down before applying the coating. Pinnacle's new black label of coatings seems to be the new rage, however there isn't much long term durability testing on it.

Any wax/sealant you have will be much better than nothing, but it may require frequent re-application (a 12 week wax might only last 6-8 weeks on wheels, less if you use a strong cleaner; if you do protect them, use the same mild, ph neutral, wax safe soap you used on the car's paint, just do it last so you don't rub grit and brake dust into the paint). This is due to brake dust being very corrosive and detrimental to wheel paint, clear, chrome, etc. So I would not expect serious durability/longevity from a product. Best bet is while you are at it clean the barrels of the wheels as well.

Reload is nice. I topped my car with it after applying cquortz UK and dlux

• 3 weeks later...

Archived