LegacyGT.com

Don't buy from them.

Guys,

Here is just a warning that happened to me whilst sourcing Subaru parts from Japan.

It had to do with detirmining that the part was right for our Australian GT.

My concern was ordering something I couldn't get verified was actually the correct part.

The rep's attitude was the worst I have ever seen in 30 years of selling and it wasn't so much him tired of answering the questions, it was his inability to answer them at all.

Yeah I'll just take a quick swim over the pond and see them personally.... from downunder:mad:

Imagine ever getting some credit back for a damaged part or one sent incorrectly? Lesson learnt!

Rob.

Dear Rob,

I have already told you that "107-007-009 SUBARU REAR COMBINATION LAMP GARNISH PAIR is OEM parts.

We are getting it from Subaru company."

If you do not believe us, please ask to another company.

I do not want to explain same thing every time.

About color, color code of JDM brilliant silver is 39D.

I can just say that the color should with your car.

But I am not sure whether the color is completely same as your car.

Because I have never seen your car.

If you want to have the parts which color is completely same as your car,

you should come to Japan and check the color by yourself.

Anyway, I do not think you should purchase anything from us.

We do not accept any returns even if the color does not match with your car,

or you do not just satisfy to the parts.

We do not want to hear any complaint from you after you receive our parts.

So please ask to another company.

JAPANPARTS.COM

KOJI

Guys,

I couldn't believe someone could be that rude but you know things in life are meant to happen for a reason, call it Karma or what but this guy and his company need to be warned about.

I just wouldn't want to see any of you be subjected to this contemptuous treatment.

I'm am now going to go through fellow Aussie living in Japan...Ross Wilson from AVO Turbo World.

Later,

Rob.

wait wait wait.. Can we really start bashing the company without hearingboth sides? I have seen a number of times people post how bad a company is, and people jump on it based on that guys word.. and it turns out the company was totally in the right.

I fid it hard to belive that the company would respond like that after one email... How many times did you askthe guy the same question? Did you consider a language barrier to some things ?

I would like to see the emails from this guy to japan before I boycot a company.. ie. both sides of the story.

its something everyone should do...

Regardless of both of sides, maybe its just me but a business should NEVER speak like to a customer or I guess a potential customer in this case. There are ways of communicating your dissatisfaction in a more polite manner. That guy should just learn some communication skills.

You should reply with this:

Dear Koji,

Thank you for your email and your true honesty. After much thinking and further consideration, I have decided to take your advice and take my business elsewhere. It does not seem like your company can provide me with any further service, which in this case you probably could not provide any other services for future customers neither. So i've decided to spread your intriguing message across the WORLD WIDE WEB including www.legacygt.com so that they may all move on to another business as per your recommendation.

Thank you again for your help and may we chat again soon!

I agree with RoundBoy; it should be more than this one email to the story. And I think it's simply the cultural differences in doing business. Japanese wants to do long term business; so if they knew that there's a chance that you won't like them, or that you'll 'screw' them, they'll refuse doing business with you. In this case, Rob might have told them that if the colors don't match, then he'll return them... blah blah... (which is normal for Western business). AVO, on the other hand, have people like Paul & Ross who smoothes things out between both worlds because he knows the cultural differences.

That's just the way it is for now; and if you didn't like the way they do business, simply turn elsewhere.;) No need to feel irritated:)

I delt with Koji for my Eyelids, he was commuicative, on the ball. Up front he told me that INGS takes a while to get the parts...I wasn't worried. They average about 2 - 3 days for a response. Did you send a few emails in a few days or something.....send one be patient, realize the barrier....

I have no complaints about them, and I know Sphix got his mud flaps from them in like 2 weeks Koji was awesome for him too....

As for AVO, Paul and the boys rock!!!!

Businesses are run by people.. People are human... humans get angry.

I don't know what the original poster wrote.. But rest assured if he was an ass to me, I would certianly tell him off. The customer is *NOT* always right. The customer would do well to remember that.

My thinking is that this guy from Japan didn't want to bend over backwards to accomodate someone, and therefore thought it was better to just not make a sale, then press on.

Those of you that refuse to buy from him simply because he stated his mind in an email... have you NEVER told someone off?

There is nothing wrong with a business not wanting a customer..Again.. there are two sides to every story.

We are getting it from Subaru company."

If you do not believe us, please ask to another company.

I do not want to explain same thing every time.

it seems to me the poster was nagging or asking "are you SURE" ?

roundboy, although i understand the sentiment, i don't think it's appropriate to take that tone with any potential customer. i wouldn't boycott the company for it, but it's definitely not good customer service.

i don't know, but i think what happened is the customer probably asked if something would look/fit right on his car repeatedly, and the dude had no response.

I'm with Koji on this one. Granted, Koji could've been more diplomatic, but there is the language factor to consider. Basically, Koji is saying, "it is what it is, take or leave it . . . but if you take it, don't come back a gripe about it."

Sounds like the poster decided to leave it and gripe about it.

I recently had a local car audio shop tell me they would rather not attempt to install a satellite radio in my car, because it was a brand new model and they didn't want to risk damaging it. I wasn't offended, in fact, I ended up doing it myself (thanks to this website) and it turned out to be a very rewarding project. Even my wife was impressed, and urged me show my handiwork to my father-in-law at a cookout last weekend.

Absolutely Roundboy...I couldn't agree more!

At all times I was courteous, mindful that I had no idea of what the employee position within the company I would be replied from, and expected to be greeted by the same etiquette I displayed.

The only reason all of it was no posted was to simply cut to the chase, so here it is from its entirety.

Quote....

Hi,

I live in Australia and I own a 2004 Liberty (Legacy) GT wagon in brilliant silver.

I have bought the front headlight surrounds through Subaru Australia but I'd like to know if your rear combination rear garnish Part number 107.007.009 is the same product not only in colour but fitment as well?

Is it a OEM Subaru product like the front? Subaru do not carry this accessory in Australia.

Regards,

Rob.

Dear Rob,

Thank you for sending us E-mail.

107-007-009 SUBARU REAR COMBINATION LAMP GARNISH PAIR is OEM parts.

We are getting it from Subaru company.

If you have any question,

please reply to my own E-mail address(koji@japanvehicles.com).

Thank you very much.

JAPANPARTS.COM

KOJI

Hi Koji,

So the thickness of the surround is identical to the front headlight surround?

I'm sending you over a photo of my GT and you can then tell me if this is the same sort of thing.

As long as it is Subaru OEM product, I don't have a problem with that.

I presume it comes already painted? My colour is called Brilliant Silver and the code on the plate under the bonnet reads 39D.

The surround for my headlight came from Subaru here in Melbourne, Australia.

What would I be up for to buy this part in Australian dollars? I could organise a money transfer.

Give me a quote on Fed Express door to door in all up USA dollars.

Regards,

Rob Tait.

Dear Rob,

If we send the parcel via FedEx, shipping will be about 12,900JPY.

It is 10,000JPY expensive than EMS.

Would you still like to use it though it is only 2-3days faster than EMS?

Best Regards,

KOJI

Hi Koji,

No whatever will be the most economical way of getting it from Japan to Melbourne without waiting too long for it.

Are you able to quote me a total an amount in US dollars that you will need for everything? Part, freight etc.?

Then I can organise a direct payment into your account when you advise me on that.

As I asked...is it definately a Subaru Japan OEM accessory and my Brilliant Silver paint code of 39D, does that make sense? Would it be an exact colour match.

Does it stick on with double sided tape supplied just like the front headlight garnish?

Can you supply the instruction sheet in English??? This is most important.

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly and sorry for all the questions but I have to ask as Japan is so far away and the part has to be right.

Rob.

And the final curt reply!

I don't think I was unreasonable at all. I apologised to him for asking the detailed questions because it is absolutely imperative to have the right info before the sale as I assumed correctly it could be a mindfield of problems a supplier wouldn't give a tinker's cuss about later.

Rob

Remember too that I went to the trouble of emailing a photo of the car to make his job easier.

"But I am not sure whether the color is completely same as your car.

Because I have never seen your car.

If you want to have the parts which color is completely same as your car,

you should come to Japan and check the color by yourself."

This was the smart arse reply that was so infuriating. As if I would jump on a plane and come to Japan thousands of miles away at the drop of a hat?

His business manners were deplorable!

Looking forward to a more favourable sale with Ross from AVO.

Rob

Archived