LegacyGT.com

2005 vs. 2005.5 AP v2 maps....difference?

croll326

the APv2 should only offer you the 2005 OR 2005.5 maps. when you plug it in, it picks the car up as a 2005 or 2005.5 and only displays the proper maps (at least it did for me when i had an AP)

i've got the normal stage 2 stuff (grimmspeed UP/cobb DP) plus a perrin TMIC and then grimmspeed ported manifolds and crossover pipe, plus a Borla catback, and AEM cold air intake.

it's basically just stage 2, but sometimes people call that "stage 2.5" or "stage 2+" so i was just being foolish :p

btw, is your car an auto or a manual? I'm pretty sure all the manual cars are just 2005, and SOME of the autos are 2005.5

I really don't think so, but I don't have any proof of that. I've been under the impression that is was just a mid production firmware or ECU change, or something like that... Never seen the 05 vs. 05.5 come up in any tuning for performance comparisons around here either, But..anyone?? Send Cobb an email or checkout their forums?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just learned the hard way that I have a 2005.5

I had no clue when I ordered a Cobb AP but they (RalliTEK) called me and asked if I had a 2005 or 2005.5. Not even knowing there was such a thing I went out to my car while still on the phone and found the sticker on my car door saying that my car was produced in April 2005.

Today I got my AP and plugged got it hooked up. It quickly identified my car as a 2005.5 and so some of the custom maps were grayed out (not selectable). So for now I just picked the stage 1 91 map and went for a drive (it's great).

Got to thinking about it. Duh: April may be the first half of the calendar year but it's not the first half of the production year.

Fortunately Sean at RalliTEK just told me that if this happened he would email me the correct maps. No worries.

Archived