LegacyGT.com

lgt finally

as you all know i have sold my 2.5i and have been looking for an lgt for a good while. well now i have finally found one and took it of the owners hands!!

well i expected alot less from the lgt. wow!! is all i can say. :eek:

its a manual, silver, limted, and black interior. just what i wanted!!

heres the link-http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68748

did the same about a month and a half ago. Traded in my 06 2.5i legacy on a 05LGT. Couldnt be more happier. Conradulations and glad you took the leap. now let the REAL mod bug set in. HAHAHA

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I still have mine and still laughing as I fill up once a week on 87 FTW :lol:

Just did the math on this one. Based on a 10 gallon fill up at the pump. 87 octane here in my town is 2.89 a gallon. 93 octane is 3.08 a gallon. That is a difference of .19 cents. So like i said based on a 10 gallon fill up i am only spending $1.90 more at the pump using my stage I 93 octane compared to your 2.5i. using a no stage 87 octane.

point is i am not using no more fuel than what you are. Got 16lbs of boost of fun drivability, and average 24-26MPG. Oh yeah and i only fill up once a week as well.:lol::lol::lol:

OTM.

Just did the math on this one. Based on a 10 gallon fill up at the pump. 87 octane here in my town is 2.89 a gallon. 93 octane is 3.08 a gallon. That is a difference of .19 cents. So like i said based on a 10 gallon fill up i am only spending $1.90 more at the pump using my stage I 93 octane compared to your 2.5i. using a no stage 87 octane.

point is i am not using no more fuel than what you are. Got 16lbs of boost of fun drivability, and average 24-26MPG. Oh yeah and i only fill up once a week as well.:lol::lol::lol:

you aren't comparing apples to apples.....if you want to, let's go with this..

1) how fast do you drive? (I drive my car like I stole it EVERYDAY)

2) MPG in CITY driving (and I mean REAL city driving, where you can sit on a block for 40min to an hour without moving an inch)

3) MPG in HWY driving (65mph-85mph)

4) How many miles do you tack on a week?

I've driven 11k in 6 mos, and that's with cutting back...I will make any amount of $$$ bet that I have spent at least 1/3 less than you've spent in gas...and guess what...when you are stuck in 5mph traffic, your GT is no faster than my 2.5i....actually probably less fast because your turbo chokes in stop and go traffic... ;)

Driving a 2.5i like you stole it kind of like taking the GT for a nice Sunday drive at a leisurely pace. :)

:lol: take a spirited drive with me one day......your GT is no faster than mine from 1-2 gear.....I am hardest on my car off the line and on the highway.....

I've raced GT's before and they are very surprised at how I fair with them ;)

^^^^^^lol

Well lets see here i drive about 75 miles a day. Thats highway and city. Thats just my work schedule. And that is also based on a nice one, not counting if i have to go somewhere for work like training etc...so at 75 miles per day and based on 6months like you say that comes to 13.5k. But i will still answer your Questions then.

1) You should just see me drive. i live out in the country with some nice turns. Kind of hard to stay out of it. I am always boosting or revving.

2) hoestly havent paid that much attention. because i love driving. Wouldnt matter if i was driving a mint green grimlin. i would still love just sitting in it driving. But due to construction in our town and it just being a friggin mess you sit rather longer than normal. but also keep in mind my town is no-where near the size of new york city. But i can honestly say my turbo has never choked in the city?

3) i set the cruise around 78mph. on all on ramps i will hit 100+ just because i can and i love passing people. but i average around 25.8-28.2 on highway. Depending on certain circumstances that i will not post. wink wink !!

4) as stated above but i will even break it down per week. At 75 miles per day that comes to 525 miles per week.

Keep in mind though NOTATURBO i also owned a 2006 subaru legacy 2.5i 5MT. And i loved it too. It was respectably quick compared to some. But there is no comparison to what this car is. As i am sure you can agree with me on this statement. but wanting a quicker car and a more mod friendly car i purchased this one a 2005 legacyGT 5MT. With that being said yes i might not get as good as gas mileage as what you might get but there is not that big of a difference in that difference. If that makes sence. i also thought that there would be but there is not. Sure there is some but not to figures that would make you say damn i wish i would have kept my " i ".

OTM.

:lol: take a spirited drive with me one day......your GT is no faster than mine from 1-2 gear.....I am hardest on my car off the line and on the highway.....

When your boosting in 1st and second trust me the "i" will STILL be left in 1st and 2nd. I understand your getting a bit upset and being a bit defensive but your talking out of your butt. Your trying to compare the quickness of a GT vs a " i "

I was just mearly saying that there is not that big of a difference between yours and mine at the pump. And others said my " i " was respectably quick as well. But they also were walking me when i was racing them. I was nailing the crap out of mine and they were barely boosting. i had money put in mine.

COBB main pulley, custom intake with k&N panel filter, suspension mods out the butt. and a few other doodadds. that thing still could not touch a facotry GT.

OTM.

^^^^^^lol

Keep in mind though NOTATURBO i also owned a 2006 subaru legacy 2.5i 5MT. And i loved it too. It was respectably quick compared to some. But there is no comparison to what this car is. As i am sure you can agree with me on this statement. but wanting a quicker car and a more mod friendly car i purchased this one a 2005 legacyGT 5MT. With that being said yes i might not get as good as gas mileage as what you might get but there is not that big of a difference in that difference. If that makes sence. i also thought that there would be but there is not. Sure there is some but not to figures that would make you say damn i wish i would have kept my " i ".

I understand what your saying and honestly I've never driven a GT.....I've raced a couple on the highway and a couple of WRX's....

I was dead even with a heavily modded WRX until he hit boost in the end of 2nd or 3rd gear and yeah he was gone, gone with the wind :lol:

but to be honest, (of course this isn't apples to apples) I had a Saab turbo and I just couldnt deal with the woes of a boosted car....they are too problematic for the miles that I drive IMHO

But to be honest, the 08 wrx/STi intrigues me...I will be looking at one this weekend :lol:

....crawling back under my rock now

hey, notaturbo, i thought that my 2.5i could keep up with a gt before i actually drove one. even a manual couldn't keep up with at gt no matter what gear you are going to be in. its two different cars thats not worth comparing.

Im not saying your car sucks, just don't pull out things that would be better in a 2.5i over a gt.

I thought I left this lower-trim superiority stuff behind when i left the celica boards.

gems such as- the rear drums last longer than the vented disc brakes of the GT-S. or... the GT does better in autocross than the GT-S (mostly due to classing issues)

the thing is this. the cars weigh a similar amount. the GT has larger brakes, about 80-90 more horsepower. Handling should be a wash.

1st and 2nd gear is about 0-60. The GT should be in the mid 5's. The i or se... should be a good second or two more. I dont know what GT you beat going from 1-2 but it is fairly obvious he/she didnt know how to drive

none of the legacys are bad cars. but the GT/specB is the performance trim.

car for sale. PM me!

I thought I left this lower-trim superiority stuff behind when i left the celica boards.

gems such as- the rear drums last longer than the vented disc brakes of the GT-S. or... the GT does better in autocross than the GT-S (mostly due to classing issues)

the thing is this. the cars weigh a similar amount. the GT has larger brakes, about 80-90 more horsepower. Handling should be a wash.

1st and 2nd gear is about 0-60. The GT should be in the mid 5's. The i or se... should be a good second or two more. I dont know what GT you beat going from 1-2 but it is fairly obvious he/she didnt know how to drive

none of the legacys are bad cars. but the GT/specB is the performance trim.

im not telling anyone that my 2.5i is faster than a GT.......All i'm saying is, in NYC with stop and go traffic, there is no point in having a turbo car.....you do more abuse to the turbo going 5mph, stop, 5mph, stop, etc...

Archived