LegacyGT.com

First time rim buyer... help please!

BombHood

It's my first time buying rims and I'm digging the Konig k-tunes alot. My question is, do I have to change the tires or is it just highly recommended. Depending on that answer, what size should I be looking to buy for both the wheel and the rims. I have an 05 Legacy GT Limited.

This is a newbie here so please bare with my lack of knowledge :redface:

k-tune.jpg.cf44cd2ed06d0f28f0f905f2fd01b8f2.jpg

im kinda new so dont just run with my so called knowledge but check the rim dimensions like the width and things that would be in the description and c if it matches the stock rims. even if there is a little difference it might make just a nuff of a change and mess up ur ride. I would go ahead and get a wheel and tire package. but if ur trying 2 save money make sure the rims have tha same dimensions.

biggest things to look for. IMO

Botl pattern. They have to fit a 5x100 bolt pattern.

Rim size(17/18) I dont know how big you can go on a LGT. But i know ive seen 18s

Width(7-8 inches should be safe0)

Most important after those it offest. Thats where the wheel sits in relation to the hub. (IE how farin or out from the wheel well itll sit. A nice low offset will push em out to the corners. Nice stance but you run a risk of rubbing on your fenders. Id suggest a search. Find out the stock offset. And as long as you are close to that. And stay normal sized(17x8inch or so) you should be fine.

I am sure a more intelligent person will chime in But thats my .02

Here is a good thread talking about tires and wheels for the Legacy. That would be a great place to start.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426

To paraphrase it, your stock LGT comes with wheels that are 17" in diameter, 7" wide. If those Konig's are 17x7, then you can use your stock tires. But if they are 17x7.5, or 18x7.5, 18x8, etc. you will most likely need new tires too. I would get new tires with new rims anyway, but that's just how I roll.

http://gifmania.sg/cars/steering-wheel/motorcycle-motion3-b.gif

Archived