LegacyGT.com

no boost

^^ could be but why would it just start acting up now? we have checked for boost leaks havent found any..

Because this happened to me during a cross-country trip - last 450 mile leg to be exact. One moment I'm getting solid 17+psi, the next second no boost and that continued until I pulled the turbo and replaced it. That's when I found the WG flapper valve was sitting well outside it's normal open closed line and was moved toward the actual turbine exhaust port. Think only 1/4 to 1/3 of the way across the WG, the remaining 2/3 to 3/4 the WG orifice is wide open..

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

VF 40 or VF 46 would be a direct replacement - although I'd do a dyno pull to check/manage AFR if you're changing to a VF 40, just to be sure. I wouldn't go with a VF 52 without supporting mods, i.e., injectors, pump and tuning.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

so his 07 lgt has a vf46 right? what car did the vf 52 come with

05-06 = VF40

07+ = VF46

09+ WRX = VF52 (not from a Legacy initially but fits)

Any of those will work on his car without upgrades (the VF52 really needs some added goodies though). VF40's have been rumored to be slightly less reliable than the VF46. VF52 will give you more powaaaa

VF52 will require supporting mods. If you are thinking about going that route, skip the AccessPort as that is a handheld device for loading modified ECU maps. It would be much cheaper to go OpenSource with a Tactrix cable (which is about $400 cheaper with same end results).

OT: Legend, what are your hp/tq numbers with the vf52? I've been thinking of going that route with E85, but I'm at pushing 306/337 on a Mustang dyno here in the lower altitude of IL on the stock vf46 (22.9psi) and 93octane.

OT: Legend, what are your hp/tq numbers with the vf52? I've been thinking of going that route with E85, but I'm at pushing 306/337 on a Mustang dyno here in the lower altitude of IL on the stock vf46 (22.9psi) and 93octane.

Check my sig. I've got a lotta good info on the VF52.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 1 year later...

Archived