LegacyGT.com

Wife drove a 5MT wagon tonight...

Short version: she loves it! Long version: It was a GRP wagon. Looked nice. The color's not bad, but I just cannot bring myself to get a metallic red. San Remo Red? (a true arrest-me) Yeah. But the metallic just doesn't work for me, even though it's very nice. (BUT... they had a bug deflector on the front of the hood. Looked like crap) My son was fussing as we got to the dealership, so my wife was like, "I don't even want to drive it." Great, that's the only reason we came. But I persisted, got Jake's carseat and put it in. The sales guy asks what we know about Subarus and the GT in particular. I told him I knew, but she really didn't. So he starts in about the 250 HP engine... to which my wife says, "How much? And why do you [b]need[/b] that, Dave? Just to get more tickets?" I knew she would pull that holier than thou cr@p. I was prepared to fight her on it... but I would wait to do it more subtly. So Jake's carseat's in, ready to go. She gets in, starts the car and says "Oh, cool!" as she sees the needles sweep and the gauges light up. So far so good. 8) She starts to pull out and is a tad jerky, to which she apologizes, but does not kill the car. She turns right out of the lot and then applies like half throttle in first to about 3k. "Whoa, this thing has some pickup!" She shifts to second and repeats, "Whoa! Ok, I'm sold!" Music to my ears! And it only took about 250 yards of test drive! :D She then began to appreciate the sporty but compliant ride, the quiet cabin, etc. So I'm in! Trust me, she's torpedoed everything to this point except the 325i. She killed the RX-8, WRX, G35. So for her to fall in love with the GT that quick is a HUGE success for me, but it also says a LOT about Subaru. She actually also liked it better than the 325 for the extra room. Sales guy tried to get us to buy, but we need a bit more time for more downpayment, and upon reflection, want a Satin White GT wagon. So it's only a matter of time! :D It's a d@mn good feeling. 8)

[quote name='racerdave'] ... She gets in, starts the car and says "Oh, cool!" as she sees the needles sweep and the gauges light up. So far so good. 8) ......She turns right out of the lot and then applies like half throttle in first to about 3k. "Whoa, this thing has some pickup!" She shifts to second and repeats, "Whoa! Ok, I'm sold!" 8)[/quote] All is well in the world :D

My wife took to as far as getting into adjusting the seat (power assisted) and noticing that I could blast the AC and she didn't even notice. mOOnroof open and we were rolling. Little pep on the pick up and we were good as gold. Silver will be easy to clean and look mean (in addition to the 40,000 other cars on the road), but that all good. J.R.

Ahh - true love can only be confirmed by a test drive... :love: When I did the test drive event last weekend, my wife actually wanted to go in it herself - we had to bring Grandma along to watch our one-month-old boy. She enjoyed it, and I got the green light to order my GT the next day. :D It helped immensely that she is an even bigger Subie fan than I am, tho. I'm not sure she would have let me trade in my Legacy wagon for anything else.

Like I said, the cars will sell themselves, the hard thing is getting people to the dealerships, then behind the wheel. If only Subaru can make all of their vehicles to the excitement level of the new Legacy, other brands will start to raise the flags of what Subaru is doing to raise such excitement and what they need to do to be the hip thing. Sounds good to go then Dave, I know there was a white GT Wagon at Don Miller in Madison on Tuesday, don't remember if it was a stick or sold, but that's just the heads up. ;)

Archived