LegacyGT.com

Are there airbags in the seat?

Air bags in seats? Sorry but... Are you serious? Search on google and see if you find any cars with "seat air bags" :lol:

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean. No, there are no such things are "seat air bags" they are located in the dash and the pillars.

Air bags in seats? Sorry but... Are you serious? Search on google and see if you find any cars with "seat air bags" :lol:

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean. No, there are no such things are "seat air bags" they are located in the dash and the pillars.

Maybe you should search Fatboy!

Some new vehicles come with side airbags in addition to frontal ones. They are designed to better protect occupants in side impact crashes. Side airbags, often called “curtain airbags,” can come out of the seat, the side of the seat, or from the roof above the windows. They are designed to protect the side of the body, including the head, chest, and pelvis, in a side impact crash

Here's a Forester!

subaru_forester_2009_8.jpg.d841659a1cd079a5cbf920e2eaa6512a.jpg

I had copied this from a review: Yes they do have airbags in the seats.

Subaru justifiably boasts of high crash test ratings, aided by driver and front-passenger front air bags, side-curtain air bags protecting front and rear outboard occupants and seat-mounted front side-impact air bags.

maybe YOU should do a search on google.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, I am not trying to be mean, that's just funny.

lol

Maybe you should do your research.

The Legacy has airbags in the steering wheel/dash, the front seatbacks (torso airbags) and ones that deploy from the headliner area to protect your head.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5343/drphilsaizyoufailr.jpg

I got soap on my airbag when I took it to the carwash, you think it'll still work?

i have no idea but as long as the srs or any other light dont come on im sure the air bag is ok. or just dont get into an accident "knock on wood" :) ask the dealer if u want to make sure

ok didnt know it was a joke. I FAILED too ON this thread

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

Enjoy 2006!

our cars dont come with seat air bags so get one without one. do u have dogs or kids? why do you want a cover for you seats?

*Sigh*

Our cars have airbags in the front seats.

Just had to get that out. I do agree about seat covers. Why in the world? :spin:

There's an entire section in the car's manual (starting on page 1-55 for MY '08) about the side airbags which include warnings about not leaning over in the seat or resting your arm on the door while the car's in motion.* They even have pics (page 1-58) which show what shape the airbags deploy in. There's also a big yellow wire connecting to each seat; yellow=airbag.

The vacation pics have an entire section on it. See attached screenshots. It also details exactly how to safely remove/install the seats.

*Which I think is really stupid because our doors are exceptionally comfortable to rest your arm on.

1805083485_SideAirbag1.JPG.528b4f22641ac49dd487ab94af9a5585.JPG

85651991_SideAirbag2.JPG.5aa369167d825ae742922b3fb7c4ec21.JPG

1017381036_SideAirbag3.JPG.9a96cc0b2ecd1b94f37ef38cee64a63b.JPG

I know the seat covers arent for everyone, but im down at the lake every weekend, plus camping and mountain biking so I want to save my seats as much as i can. I like the Wet Okole seat covers since they are made of neoprene and mostly water proof

*Sigh*

Our cars have airbags in the front seats.

Just had to get that out. I do agree about seat covers. Why in the world? :spin:

There's an entire section in the car's manual (starting on page 1-55 for MY '08) about the side airbags which include warnings about not leaning over in the seat or resting your arm on the door while the car's in motion.* They even have pics (page 1-58) which show what shape the airbags deploy in. There's also a big yellow wire connecting to each seat; yellow=airbag.

The vacation pics have an entire section on it. See attached screenshots. It also details exactly how to safely remove/install the seats.

*Which I think is really stupid because our doors are exceptionally comfortable to rest your arm on.

It would be tough for me to cover my seats but your doing the right thing in your case.

I found this on the company's website. It shows how their covers react to airbags:

http://www.wetokole.com/safety.html

Also, this website has a ton of info on the various years of Legacy (for any future reference):

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html

Trust me I dont want to cover my seats up either. But I have to protect them from wet bathing suits, muddy clothes, various wakeboards, camping equipment, and sometimes bike parts.

It would be tough for me to cover my seats but your doing the right thing in your case.

I found this on the company's website. It shows how their covers react to airbags:

http://www.wetokole.com/safety.html

Also, this website has a ton of info on the various years of Legacy (for any future reference):

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html

:spin: Really? Guess the three cars we own with the side airbags in the seat must be lying to us.

Look at the picture of this Legacy after it was hit in the side during a safety test.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=602

Notice where the side airbag deployed from?

Archived