LegacyGT.com

Installing Brembo's, what pads should I get?

BigBlack-V

So I have a Rotora 4 piston BBK on my car now with Rotora ceramic pads. The pads have low dust which is nice but do not have alot of bite. They are very quiet which is also nice so all around they are an ok pad.

I am putting a Brembo kit on my car and I know I have much more options for pads. I hear from people that Stoptech pads work well however they produce alot of dust which is annoying. They are fairly cheap at $68 for the fronts also which isnt bad. I have heard the two most popular pads are the Hawk HPS pads and the Carbotech 1521* pads. The hawks are $142 for the pair and the Carbotech's are much less dust but $174 for the front pads.

I do not auto X my car or race my car however I do drive and brake aggressivly several times a day. I would prefer a pad that has lower dust if possible.

What do you guys suggest or like in your Brembo's?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

http://siextramustard.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tony-siragusa-man-up.jpg?w=600&h=478

Jay, I found your answer

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

I have heard several people getting the Ferodo pads however those are over $200 for the pair. After talking with some people I may just go with a set of Centric Posi Quiet pads, they are low dust and $44 for the pair. A friend has them on his STI and another on his LGT and they said they work great. For what I use the car for I think its a waste of money go get aggressive pads. I was also considering stoptech pads however I have heard they dust alot. Centric is owned/made by Stoptech so I do not see how I can go wrong with a set of those. If they turn out to such (which I dont think they will for what I need them for) I will go another route.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

^ have heard that before that those EBC pads are good

Its honestly betweek stoptech street pads and the centric posi quiet pads. I would have gotten the stoptechs however the dust reviews are terrible.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

*With LGT calipers*

I ditched the stoptech street Pads because of the dust and the pads deposit if not driven hard enough.

I'm now running the Project Mu NS400 with good results. Less dust then the Stoptech, they have pretty much the same stopping power (IIRC as I've runned OEMs between). A little squeal once in a while and excellent bite in cold weather.

Besides the fact they come in an ugly color, I really like them.

I have the Carbotech Bobcats. Prefer them over the Hawk HPS. HPS initial bite was greater than The Bobcats but that was there it ends. The HPS stopped the car differently each time while the Bobcats were repeatable. Low dust compared to both the Stoptechs and HPS. No problems in the winter.

Lol, that's because of the surface rust on your rotors.

Not, it's because the rain washed all the brake dust out of the pads... Yea, that's sounds better now that I've typed it...:lol:

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Not to sound offensive, but why would you put brembos on your car with posi-quiet pads?

This is the equivalent of buying a ferrari and putting on the cheapest all season tires you can find at Costco in a size that is 30mm narrower than the stock tires.

If you are running those pads you are way better off putting on OEM brake setup. You even said you don't auto-x or track the car.

:(

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Mike,

I was thinking about going back to an OEM setup however I scored a nice deal on a front Brembo kit. My car has a Rotora BBK on it now so with the Brembo's being powder coated, new pads and a fresh rebuild its not much more $ than a stock setup.

What pads would you recommend that are good but have lower dust for a DD?

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Mike,

I was thinking about going back to an OEM setup however I scored a nice deal on a front Brembo kit. My car has a Rotora BBK on it now so with the Brembo's being powder coated, new pads and a fresh rebuild its not much more $ than a stock setup.

What pads would you recommend that are good but have lower dust for a DD?

Jay

We sell the Hawk HPS or Stoptechs as our DD pads. The dust is considerably less than the HP+ or other performance pads so I'm not sure what to recommend, maybe Hawk Ceramics if you are all into the bling factor. For us though the Stoptech pads are considered low dust and low noise.

Personally? Sell the Brembo kit, pocket the $ and put on your OEMs with a set of Stoptech or HPS pads and call it a day. :)

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

Maybe I will get a set of Hawk HPS pads, you are right I really shouldnt cheap out on pads.

In our experience the Stoptechs dust less than the HPS. I would go with the Hawk Ceramics if you really want to keep the dust down. Shoot us an e-mail and we can drop a set to you.

-Mike Paisan

Archived