LegacyGT.com

Cracked cylinder!?!?!

Oops. Given the location I'd say it's a manufacturing defect and no fault of yours. Of course most major blow-ups start with or at a tiny flaw, so good call on scrapping the block.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I think I have cyclinder2 problem... keep throwing miss fire code...

do tell me more bout your #2??

There is a timing flaw in the OEM engine map. The issue results in burnt valves. For some reason #2 seems to be the first one to go bad enough to start the CEL.

Tuners have found the flaw in the map. When I mentioed that to my Machine shop buddy, he said, "that may explain why we see so many heads from the Dealerships with burnt valves".

When they rebuilt my heads, they could see a difference from what they are used to seeing with these heads. I have been in Cobb AP or a custom tune since 8000 miles on the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived