LegacyGT.com

The right track

So I am invited to the most exclusive golf club in town (by a supplier) and one of the most exclusive in the country. Way too rich for my wallet. The place is over 100 years old, has hosted many PGA tour events, 45 holes, super super exclusive, private, tennis courts, pool, "who was your grandaddy" yada, yada. As I drive into the parking lot, there are maybe 150-200 cars. As a car nut, I revel in the exotica: 6 Ferraris (2 360 Mondenas, 1 355 Spyder, 1 348 Coupe, 1 450 someting or other & 1 550 Maranello), 1 Maserati Coupe, probably a dozen 911's, a gorgeous, '67 427 Vette convertible with side pipes, a Viper, an M5, an Audi RS6, two MB E'55's, three new MB SL 500 (2 AMG's), four M3s, uncountable recent 745's, S Class, LS430s, Caddys, Linclons, other Audis, MB's, BMW's, etc, etc. The Super Elite class. This is heaven man. I park between a BMW 330ix & a Jag. S type. After being introduced to the locker room amenities and changing my shoes and stuff, I walk back past the parking lot to the proshop and I see 3 thrihty something guys in club crested gear beside MY car - a 2005 Leg. GT Ltd Wagon. They are totally ingoring the other unbelevably hot iron around them and are talking about MY car. "It has an STI motor." "Actually, it's a detuned STI motor". "Well, it's still good for 250 horsepoewer in a wagon..." "Nice leahther" "Hot car..."... "Like the wheels". ... 'Nuff said. Made my day. Subaru, you are definitly on the right track...

[quote name='eagletree']So I am invited to the most exclusive golf club in town (by a supplier) and one of the most exclusive in the country. Way too rich for my wallet. The place is over 100 years old, has hosted many PGA tour events, 45 holes, super super exclusive, private, tennis courts, pool, "who was your grandaddy" yada, yada. As I drive into the parking lot, there are maybe 150-200 cars. As a car nut, I revel in the exotica: 6 Ferraris (2 360 Mondenas, 1 355 Spyder, 1 348 Coupe, 1 450 someting or other & 1 550 Maranello), 1 Maserati Coupe, probably a dozen 911's, a gorgeous, '67 427 Vette convertible with side pipes, a Viper, an M5, an Audi RS6, two MB E'55's, three new MB SL 500 (2 AMG's), four M3s, uncountable recent 745's, S Class, LS430s, Caddys, Linclons, other Audis, MB's, BMW's, etc, etc. The Super Elite class. This is heaven man. I park between a BMW 330ix & a Jag. S type. After being introduced to the locker room amenities and changing my shoes and stuff, I walk back past the parking lot to the proshop and I see 3 thrihty something guys in club crested gear beside MY car - a 2005 Leg. GT Ltd Wagon. They are totally ingoring the other unbelevably hot iron around them and are talking about MY car. "It has an STI motor." "Actually, it's a detuned STI motor". "Well, it's still good for 250 horsepoewer in a wagon..." "Nice leahther" "Hot car..."... "Like the wheels". ... 'Nuff said. Made my day. Subaru, you are definitly on the right track...[/quote] Very cool! Glad to see that people are taking noticed to a well built automobile!

[quote name='babyvoxfan']Is she hot? :D [quote name='Th3Franz']That's awesome. Hey my neighbor with a CLK55 AMG gives my GT props every time she sees it. :D[/quote][/quote] I get first dibs. I still haven't seen her when I've stopped by his place. I'll let you know if she is. ;)

Shot 78. 2 birdies, 2 double-bogeys (augh!!). One of the doubles was not really my fault: I was distracted by the wail of one of the 360 Mondena's tearing up the acess road to the club at what must have been 7500 RPM's in second gear. My, what a sound. Subies are nice, but no Subie ever sounded like that

Archived