LegacyGT.com

2016 WRX "unveiled"

The_Todd

Not much news but here we go:

http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?&id=745&allImage=1&teaser=subaru-introduces-2016-wrx-wrx-sti-models-offering&mid=

A Few bullet points:

-EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, now with Lane Keep Assist, available for WRX with Sport Lineartronic™ transmission

-Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert available for some models

- Subaru STARLINK™ Multimedia Touch Screen Infotainment in all trim levels

- Standard 18-inch wheels and summer performance tires on WRX Premium and Limited

- WRX STI Limited now available with low-profile rear trunk spoiler (at no charge)

http://i.imgur.com/jJu4ELK.jpg

My thoughts:

Should have come with 18's on the MY15 but honestly, a lot of people will be glad to have the 17's from that year for a dedicated snow wheel. The wheels are still meh, I'd rather spend 1k and get something that I know I'll love. The backup camera is still integrated in the 4.3" display and, not like the big brother legacy and outback where it's displayed in the larger infotainment screen. It does, however, come with inverted struts for increased stock handling. Finally getting eyesight but only at a large option cost and only on CVT models. Tap turn as standard...finally after allllll these years! :spin:

Finer details:

2016 WRX At-A-Glance

2016 WRX Equipment

2016 WRX Technical Specifications

:hide:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the electronic parking brake is now making it's way to the WRX in some levels - interesting! I wonder what the implementation of the pin access for the push button control is going to be, or if it can be bypassed...

• I Donated
the electronic parking brake is now making it's way to the WRX in some levels - interesting!

Only on the ones with Eyesight. That's the Limited CVT with a $4100 package. $36,500 for a car that still has hard plastic all over the interior. :eek:

It's funny as I was just looking at the announcement on one sight of details of a 2016 STi limited. Still too small for me, but I'm hitting the gym hard lol. :)

How big are you? :lol: I'm 6'2" and 250 and fit just fine...don't get me wrong the legacy feels more like a cockpit rather than the wrx and is more comfortable for long trips.

Only on the ones with Eyesight. That's the Limited CVT with a $4100 package. $36,500 for a car that still has hard plastic all over the interior. :eek:

That's what I'm saying, it's quite the cost.

The forum user Impressing (or something like) was thinking buying a CVT with push start. He didn't care for the Leather, Nav or HK radio, but was going to buy CVT limited for the push start. If he didn't buy a 2015 and was holding out for 2016, he is going to be super pissed to see the new price of CVT push start WRX. Its $2000 more than 2015, though it does come with Eyesight feature.

I was like WHAT, then yes, I realized all that new stuff would be on the super expensive trim. My car was already more than I would have liked to begin with. That Navi and sound system would suck and have to be ripped out anyway. Meh updates.

Still needs the following:

HUD w/ JHMCS capability.

UHF/VHF Transponders

Jammers.

Radars.

Eye Sight is a huge plus, and I will be getting it ASAP.

Stealth Paint.

Hybrid tech.

Solar tech.

Regenerative breaking

Supercharger

I have patents for all. For the love of God, someone hit me up.

Am I the only one that doesnt like all these assists such as eyesight making it into the performance car of subaru? it seems wrong to take a car like the WRX and then throw stuff in it that can take control away from the driver

Am I the only one that doesnt like all these assists such as eyesight making it into the performance car of subaru? it seems wrong to take a car like the WRX and then throw stuff in it that can take control away from the driver

They are driver assistance not driver hindrance. They do not take away but add ability to help driver be more aware.

Subaru Ambassador

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

As long as they allow you to disable it, I can't imagine it would bug anyone - it's an expensive option though, so the only folks that will likely opt to get it are those that want to use it. Plus, eyesight doesn't really do much other than keep you from hitting things... it's not as intrusive as say traction control when it comes to driving.

Given the primary demographic that the WRX is aimed at, and their tendency to use technology under less than appropriate times, what eyesight brings to the table is probably a good thing...

• I Donated
How big are you? :lol: I'm 6'2" and 250 and fit just fine...don't get me wrong the legacy feels more like a cockpit rather than the wrx and is more comfortable for long trips.

I'm 6'1" and 225 lbs, and the WRX has a ton of room in the front IMO. The back isn't bad either, because the roof is so high that I can crank the seat up and have it be forward a bit more.

And IMO, the WRX seats are super comfortable for long trips. Best seats I've ever felt for that purpose, and really good for performance driving too.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Funny you say that, because I've seen a lot more 2015 STIs with engine failures on NASIOC than 2015 WRXes.

There are many cars that compete and outperform the WRX with these technologies so I'm not surprised they are coming to this car. As long as these options, well, stay as options I don't think it will be a problem. I don't value eyesight, push button, nav etc to pay the cost of admission.

aloc87

There are many cars that compete and outperform the WRX with these technologies so I'm not surprised they are coming to this car. As long as these options, well, stay as options I don't think it will be a problem. I don't value eyesight, push button, nav etc to pay the cost of admission.
Thing is, nowadays the typical buyer wants all the gadgets - maybe not NAV, but folks eat up things like push button start, touch screens, streaming media, etc. - take those away or make folks pay extra for them, and you'll likely hurt sales as the competition offers them. If they could get the mirrorlink/starlink thing working properly with most phones, there'd be no need to really even offer NAV...

Expensive items like NAV or eyesight will likely be options for a little while, but eventually I bet you see eyesight or something like it become standard on higher trim levels. Blind spot/cross traffic detection, etc. will also likely become more of a standard feature.

Lol, I am 6'2" and I weigh 280lbs and the Legacy is barely wide enough for my wide body. :lol:

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Thing is, nowadays the typical buyer wants all the gadgets - maybe not NAV, but folks eat up things like push button start, touch screens, streaming media, etc. - take those away or make folks pay extra for them, and you'll likely hurt sales as the competition offers them. If they could get the mirrorlink/starlink thing working properly with most phones, there'd be no need to really even offer NAV...

Expensive items like NAV or eyesight will likely be options for a little while, but eventually I bet you see eyesight or something like it become standard on higher trim levels. Blind spot/cross traffic detection, etc. will also likely become more of a standard feature.

Agreed and it seems this is the direction the market is moving...I really hope other features become standard equipment before eyesight though (ie: power seats, auto lock doors etc).

aloc87

They are driver assistance not driver hindrance. They do not take away but add ability to help driver be more aware.

Subaru Ambassador

If I am reading chart correctly, eyesight is available only on the WRX Limited trim with CVT. A lot of members of 6-gen Legacy forum will tell you (more like yell at you) that CVT alone disqualify a car from being a performance car.

Just saying...

Archived