LegacyGT.com

Good spots for taking pictures, and possible meet location?

tractorcrusher

For DFW area members-

Between getting my car a few months ago and getting a new dSLR I've found myself doing a lot of wandering around looking for new places to take pictures of my car. I've found a few somewhat interesting spots in Addison/Carrolton, but they usually consist of driving into new development, going offroad, or driving on golf-cart lanes at golf courses (haha).

Has anybody found any really good locations in the North Dallas area for taking pictures? I like the industrial/natural/urban look, but most of the time I just find boring building and walls to shoot next to.

When I used to hang out with folks from the local VW club they had a few meets out at River Legacy which tended to be a good spot for photos and driving out there as a group was a blast... Would anybody be interested in maybe metting up somewhere locally if we can find a good spot to hold a lot of cars for a photo-op?

A group photo drive would be a good idea. I think there are some spots along the Trinity River that might be good for dusk shots with the Dallas skyline as a background. But it may be difficult to light the cars well when the buildings are lit.

Archived