LegacyGT.com

Whirring noised in dash after shut off

05 lgt-176k. Almost never use the cc. Turned it on the other day and the dashboard "cruise" light started flashing. Unit would not set nor allow me to turn it off. Turned off ignition-light went out. Turned ignition back on and started engine. Turned on the cc and the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

thanks

06 lgt 176k-For about 2 years there is now a "whirring" noise in the dash after shut off. Stops in a couple of minutes. No problems noticed but what is the noise?

thanks

Fan actuator, many experience this noise. I've heard it called the "coffee-maker".

Some have found a trick whereby leaving the AC on after shutoff has helped. You just have to play with the settings.

Not sure about your cc light, while I doubt it, do you have any codes? A flashing cc usually accompanies a CEL, perhaps your CEL light is out? Again, I doubt this because the cc would flash consistently if that were the case. Someone more knowledgeable than I will likely chime in. GL!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

CC light, have you had the front wheel bearings replaced ? if so, what brand hub's were installed ?

Sames only a few brands will work, others like Moog will not work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

CC light, have you had the front wheel bearings replaced ? if so, what brand hub's were installed ?

Sames only a few brands will work, others like Moog will not work.

Wouldn't this throw a code for ABS as well? Does the Odo have ER SS in the display?

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I think only when you have the CC. If he never uses it and just turned it on for the first time since the hubs...?

I don't recall if my Moog front hub caused a CEL...thinking about it, mine just dropped out of CC and flashed I think. That was 2 years ago...I can't remember.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

OEM, SKF from NAPA, Timkem and 99% of Detroit Axle from there web site.

Check the sticky by JmP at the top of this forum.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

Archived