LegacyGT.com

AC Problem also

I've been having some issues with my AC too. Temps have been 100+ here lately and I need some help. The first time I had the problem it was 109 and I was driving to Los Angeles. The fan would slow down to almost no air coming out of the vents even though it was on full. After sweating balls for a bit, I found if I cycled the AC on and off the fan would return to full speed with cold air. As soon as the outside temp dropped to the 90s, everything started to work fine again. The second time, outside 105 and it started to blow fog out of the vents! Quite troubling! It seems to work fine for about an hour, then problems start. Ran the self-diagnostics and all of the sensors were ok. Does anyone have any suggestions before I drop $179 at the Subaru Dealer??

no it froze ..i recommend changing the expansion valve same problem on my 2.5I when i got it.

does the cool air come out super cold then warm and cold again?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Well, long story short, I pulled all the passenger trim to get the glove box out. What a pain in the... Anyways, was planning to replace the cabin filter sooner but did it today. When I pulled it out it was completely covered with leaves and crap. Cleaned out all the rubbish and replaced the filter. Kept thinking the whole time, well there's your problem. I'm pretty sure that was the cause of the problem. Time will tell. Who knew you could get that much stuff to plug the cabin filter up? Seems like a design flaw or something, really there was a lot of crap in there and I had it replaced two years ago. Still going to check the high and low pressures though, just in case.

Archived