LegacyGT.com

Rockblocker and tint install

Chief_Wiggum

Just had our very own Lee (leeberbs) install a Rockblocker kit and tint my wagon's windows 35% all around this past weekend.

For those of you in the New York/New Jersey area that are interested in tint or a clear bra GO SEE LEE!

Saturday was brutally hot and humid. Lee worked on my car for over 8 hours fighting the clear bra because of the high humidity. The poor guy was drenched in sweat. Sadly, the clear bra won in the end with a little blemish in the corner of the hood piece. Lee's a super perfectionist, and couldn't let it go. He had Rockblocker overnight him a new hoodpiece and came to my place today to replace it.

Any little particle, hair, dust, whatever, that got under the film there was poor Lee digging it out. The guy spent 20 minutes removing dust and air bubbles from the fog light covers. I look over and he's got the cover 2 inches from his face inspecting it for imperfections. I don't know about you, but nobody's ever gonna look down there, lol.

He also had a really nice way of tinting the frameless doors. He uses Madico film and does an exceptional job with the edges. We even had the parking garage guy commenting on how nice the tint is today.

Thanks, Lee!

Lee rules. The guy is a trooper. He called us that night after the install to discuss it and I couldnt believe the conditions he was working in. It was 105 here and I thought that was bad.

Go See Lee for clear bra or Tint. Someone just drove up from DC to have him do the car.

Great guy, great service.

Chad

Dear Chad & Chief_Wiggum,

I was also there for a Rockblocker Paint & light protection install. Lee had difficulty with Cheif_Wiggum's clear paint protection hood piece because of the combination of heat & humidity.

After Chief_Wiggum left around 4:40 pm Lee took a short break with the AC running in his car. He returned and endured the rough conditions with a splitting headache in the high heat & humidity. He used a stronger alcohol solution with my install and it worked out quite well. He finished around 8:45 pm.

The man would not even stop to eat! I am completely satisfied with the quality of the Rockblocker & light protection install. Thanks to Chad & LeeBerbs.

Rockblocker_inst_061105.jpg.9f7faa0c18949c11d6b3e201ad4b29c0.jpg

Wow, thanks for the kind words. That was the longest tint/bra install EVER! I've been shopping around for industrial A/C units since.

I couldn't have got it done without everyone's patience and Chad's commitment to being swift with getting orders out.

• 1 month later...
I want to install this myself.. I just worry about how hard it would be to do the bumper. Im sure I can handle the fenders/mirrors/hood.. but the bumper has me a little worried. I already did my fogs/headlamps, which provided to be quite entertaining by themselves...
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

You really don't want to do this yourself. Lee spent about 6 hours doing the bumper and hood on my car. It only took him about 1 minute each to do the headlights and foglights. You can get the film on the car no problem, but making it wrinkle, bubble, and dirt free is the tough part.

After having seen it done, there's no way I'd tackle it by myself.

i did it myself and i'll NEVER do it again! if i could find someone who can install it professionally, I will most likely have it redone. it looks OK, but not perfect. and i want it to look perfect. :p
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

+1

I put the headlight and foglight covers on myself on my car. I let Lee deal with the clear bra. Find someone in your area that has experience with installing clear bra. You don't want to put it on yourself. Trust me.

Not yet. I cant confirm 4-5 cars. If we can do that we are there. We get there then one person falls out for some reason or another.

Chad

Come on SoCal guys! Let's get a few more LGTers to commit to putting RockBlocker on their cars. Chad will come out here to L.A. and personally oversee the installation. Help protect your car.

Come on SoCal guys! Let's get a few more LGTers to commit to putting RockBlocker on their cars. Chad will come out here to L.A. and personally oversee the installation. Help protect your car.

better than that. I will do them personally

Well, what would be price be for a full kit? I already did my headlamps...

I'd love to have you come down and do my car.

You can also quote me to do a Mini Cooper S with stripes... I know my mother will want her car done too.

If the price is right, and BOXRPWR is interested, that's three cars right there.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived