LegacyGT.com

Front wheel bearing/cruise control issue

Cone_Killer

I am having a problem with my cruise control. It turns on and off just fine and I can adjust speeds as well. The problem is that once its set, the throttle starts to "pulse". It's like the computer is accelerating and letting off over and over in order to maintain speed. If I leave it on for a minute or two, it turns the cruise off and the cruise light starts blinking (no CEL though). Now I do have an aftermaket wheel bearing on the front left of my car. Problem is, I can't remember if this started before or after. Do these cars have problems with aftermarket bearings and speed sensors?

A good aftermarket bearing/hub assembly will have no problems. Timken, SKF, etc. have heard no problems with. I have two Timken's on the front of my car with no issues. I have heard about but never seen an issue with some of the less expensive options (read Chinese imports) however, I can tell you that I know of a lot of shops that use them in many other brands of cars with no issues or any worse failure rate.

Did you install the bearing/hub assembly yourself? If so, did you make sure and tighten the ABS sensor back into the knuckle after you put it in or was there crap on the end of the sensor? I've seen that happen before because it's a magnet. You might try removing the sensor from the knuckle (if it's tight now) and cleaning the end of it off really well and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Get that cheap hub out of there. Put a OEM or one of the ones mentioned above.

I used a Moog and had to replace it witha OEM for the issue your having.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived