LegacyGT.com

rattling noise! wtf is it?

My car has been making this sound since i got it a couple months ago and i have no clue what it is. So maybe someone else has had this problem or knows what it is?

Anyways it's a 4EAT and after it shifts into third it does a ratlling/clicking sound if i stay on the throttle and will sometimes do it going up hills. Mostly after it shifts though. It's about to hit 240,000 miles. It's quite the obnoxious noise..

• I Donated
Its common enough that any of us who know these cars are able to tell whats wrong from your extremely vague description of your problems.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Smart ass... Come on now! That's unnecessary. I'm only 17 and this is my first subie. I'm still tying to learn!

Its better to be a smart ass then a dumb ass lol

Its all good. Just next time be more descriptive of the sounds

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

I did it on mine. Haven't had any issues from it.

Its just all the thin sheet metal that covers some of the pipe and the exhaust manifold

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Exhaust wrap is hard to do correctly. Its a very tedious job. And its not cheap either. Unless you're Turbo, there isn't much benefit of doing it

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

My heat-shield on the second Cat was rattling. The clamp at the back was loose, so I tack-welded the shield to the exhaust. You could buy a really long hose clamp and just clamp the heat-shield tight, or remove it. However, if the bolts are rusted/etc. it'll be a pain in the ass, so a hose clamp would be the easiest solution. Most auto part stores dont have the really long hose clamps unless you order them, so get a few of the 2-3" clamps and put them together.

Archived