LegacyGT.com

Morimoto XB LED Fog install from TheRetrofitSource

What relay? The only thing these lights came with are the lights themselves and the h11 connectors

I do not have a factory installed pair of fogs, therefore I needed to order the accessories (i.e. bezels, button, relay, etc.) from quirkparts. The relay that comes up when I click on Adam's link says it is a horn relay.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have a factory installed pair of fogs, therefore I needed to order the accessories (i.e. bezels, button, relay, etc.) from quirkparts. The relay that comes up when I click on Adam's link says it is a horn relay.

It's the same part

Oh gotcha. I was confused for a minute

• 1 month later...

For those of you who installed the Morimoto XB Fog's are they a close color match to the OEM highlight bulbs? or am I going to have to replace my headlight bulbs too???

Also, which is the preferred protective film Laminx or Headlight Armor?

^^ They are. OEM halogen bulbs are around 3700k color temp and the XBs are 5000k. Big difference if you ask my eyes. LOL!

For those of you who installed the Morimoto XB Fog's are they a close color match to the OEM highlight bulbs? or am I going to have to replace my headlight bulbs too???

Not close to OEM halogen headlight color. You don't have to replace your headlamps unless you require that they match, and at best, you will get somewhat close with a halogen bulb like Hella's OptiLux XB or Phillips CrystalVision, otherwise its HID retrofit territory.

Edited by GTEASER

I installed PIAA Xtreme white plus H7s.

But I have the yellow lamin-x on the fogs. Still working great, I have no complaints and never been high beamed. The lamin-x is holding up great after 12,000kms of dirty winter highway driving at 120km/h every day.

Yeah, that's in the works as we speak. I'd be pretty pissed if I broke one of these lenses.

On a side note, I'm still running HIDs in my low beams. Unfortunately, they're 6000k and are a little off from the fogs. No worries though, the mailman will be delivering a new pair of 5000k Morimotos this afternoon. :cool: I'm hoping they're a better match. I'm still debating on the H7 LED bulbs that Perscitus turned me on to :D

I just installing replacement fogs on the WRX. They look to be 100% compatible with the 5th gen mounting.

The ones I picked out have a 90 degree horizontal coverage. The other choice is more to support road illumination up the road. I had gotten these at Subiespeed but they do not appear to be available anymore. Here they are at FT-86 factory http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/olm-vision-drl-led-fog-light-housings-1821.html

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/images/2013-frs-brz-led-fog-drl.jpg

Additionally, these have LED strip above and below the fog that can be wired in to be on with the DRLs. I also installed the Laminex overlay to protect the glass. Subispeed has a few other options that you guys may want to look into.http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/lighting

Did I read someone go one of their fogs busted up? If so, PM me as I have two OEM fogs.

• 1 month later...
Hey testa....how would you compare those to the H11's you have in your stock fog housings?? Are the H11's appreciably better than the stock H16's and are the Morimotos appreciably better than the than your H11's?

Apologies for the thread jack. ;)

testa, could you plz give a comparison of the LEDs vs the H11 upgrade?

I just installing replacement fogs on the WRX. They look to be 100% compatible with the 5th gen mounting.

The ones I picked out have a 90 degree horizontal coverage. The other choice is more to support road illumination up the road. I had gotten these at Subiespeed but they do not appear to be available anymore. Here they are at FT-86 factory http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/olm-vision-drl-led-fog-light-housings-1821.html

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/images/2013-frs-brz-led-fog-drl.jpg

Additionally, these have LED strip above and below the fog that can be wired in to be on with the DRLs. I also installed the Laminex overlay to protect the glass. Subispeed has a few other options that you guys may want to look into.http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-wrx/lighting

Did I read someone go one of their fogs busted up? If so, PM me as I have two OEM fogs.

Is there a write up available on the LED fogs? They look really nice and I'd like to see some night shots as well if possible. Also, has anybody done this install on their fifth gen Legacy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Adam144 thanks for starting this post and to all the other that have contributed as well. It was a tremendous help in getting all the right parts for installing these fog lights.

I'm not sure if others have seen this on TRS but they have some of these fog lights in there close out section. They are labeled as 'B-Stock' and are on sale for $70 per pair! Basically there are minor cosmetic flaws in the fog lights so they don't sell them for full retail. There functionality however is not compromised.

Here is the link for them.

I decided to give them a shot since all my fog lights in the past have ended up with small chips after driving several thousands of miles.

So when I got these, one fog light was perfect and had no flaws that I could see. The other had a few little nicks on the lens. Nothing major very small and hard to see. You can see from the pictures below how small they are.

There are a couple of nicks in the up left corner

SAM_0963.thumb.JPG.7299e2feddc146b4a61f359ab7ce0cea.JPG

Small knick in the middle of the fog light.

SAM_0966.thumb.JPG.5abfc0e36a802f1986dad7f7462391dc.JPG

Small scuff on the bottom in the middle.

SAM_0967.thumb.JPG.794ab233a71600810b818efd72eb565b.JPG

I ended up putting some Lamin-X overlays as well on them. I choose to go with gun smoke. With the overlays you can't even tell there was anything wrong with them. They work perfectly fine and are extremely bright!

I do however think the gun smoke overlays are a little darker than i was going for. Ill be ordering the tint ones soon.

SAM_0969.thumb.jpg.4ff44823fe301e7c942835052a6daabe.jpg

SAM_0984.thumb.jpg.58a7b983636e084f4d6f733a33e6d676.jpg

SAM_0986.thumb.JPG.f64c0a22b6402693ba8e2a80ac63d86b.JPG

SAM_0988.thumb.JPG.853666a92ba7d18814b69567069f5e4a.JPG

IMG_2720.thumb.JPG.c56db91d35f9e6a0e09ed9549fe2b0a2.JPG

Edited by jwright14

I just ordered all the parts I need - thanks for the detailed list. Only question would be to ask what you mean by "you have to determine polarity". Are these not plug and play ?

Thanks in advance for any replies received

Sent from my BLU DASH MUSIC 4.0 using Tapatalk