LegacyGT.com

Replace a window motor?

bman

My driver's window stopped working a couple weeks ago. I cleaned the switch and it didn't work. After reading about bad switches I bought a new one and it still didn't work. I checked the power to the motor today (I know, I should've done it before buying the new switch :redface:) and it's getting +\- 12V. My only guess is that the motor is burnt. MaxCapacity sent me the diagrams to replace the motor and it says I got to remove the window glass to do it. Now I'm worried the window will be misaligned after I replace the motor.

Has anyone replaced the window motor? How easy\hard is it?

Take it to the dealer if it's under warranty, but replacing a regulator is cake if you have an understanding of how it works, replaced one on my wife's ford contour. Just don't let the window drop inside the door while doing it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

05gt,

I wound up getting one from ebay. Cost me $80 w/ the regulator. Cheaper than buying a new motor. Waiting for some free time so I can put it in. Opening the door at the tolls is becoming a real pain!

• 2 months later...

GRRR My car is having the same problem, bought a new switch and NO GO.

MY switch would randomly get stuck in the auto "up" position and then I would have to wait like 10 min before I could use the window again. Now, the window doesn't work at all. I thought there was a safety switch to stop the motor from burning out in this scenario? Could it be the regulator? If I have to go another week without my window I'm gonna flip!

Mine definitely ended up being the motor. I ended up finding a motor on Amazon. It turned out that i had to cut and splice a plug that they included with the motor, but it works great now. I don't remeber exactly, but the whole thing took me about 1.5-2hrs. Was not a bad job at all.

Archived