LegacyGT.com

Im going on a road trip from Colorado Springs to my home town of Hanford California. I leave in just over a week so I come to you for advice. Beside the basic stuff like oil change, tire pressure, fluids, and belts etc what should i be doing to the car. Its about a 1100 mile trip each way and I will be in California for about 12 days before I head back. Also what should I expect of the car while im down there. I know going for a mile high to sea level will do something to the way the car runs but im unsure of what. Any information would be helpful. thank you all in advance.

I am leaving this weekend for my road trip. I carry tools to fix just about everything plus any fluids I may need too. Make sure before you leave to check every fluid and tire pressure. Also every time I stop for gas I check everything, fluids/tires, to make sure nothings wrong. Maybe a little obsessive but its better than breaking down.

take the wifes car..itll be more comfy for a trip that long...or maybe some cushions for the front seats?? you nailed everything id do..i always like to take my car to the garage though and have my mechanic go all over it to try to find anything outta the ordinary....have fun, good luck, and be careful!

I think you'll find that you'll like your car's performance more at sea level. Have fun, but don't go attracting unwanted, official attention.

What route are you taking? HPH

Im going up to denver then the 70 West. Then the 15 south the Las Vegas, then the lonely 99 up to Hanford.

Archived