LegacyGT.com

P0068 - map/maf

I've had an '05 LGT Wagon since December, and I've gotten this code a handful of times.

The first time was my own fault, as I was looking over everything and forgot to plug the MAF back in on the airbox. Pulled the neg terminal and reset.

After that, maybe in January or some such, CEL/flashing cruise came on while highway driving at a steady 65mph. No noises, no bogging down, no changes in drivability. Bought some electronic cleaner and went bananas on the sensor Q-tips and microfiber. Pulled neg terminal and reset.

Now its March, and I've had it the past two days while driving to work. I'm going to clean the MAF again this weekend and reset again.

Now...my understanding is these vehicles do not have a MAP, or, if they do, I cannot find a diagram for it in ALLDATA or the interwebs to save my life. If there is in a MAP, can someone please point me in the right direction or do I break down and replace the MAF?

What air filter is in the air cleaner box ?

Is a K&N style they someone over oiled ?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

You might like that link.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

+INFINITY for the link.

It does have a K&N filter that is literally a month old, I put it in on 1/15. I should have mentioned that in the first post.

So we DO have a MAP and I will be cleaning that as well this weekend then. Its very depressing to me that I couldn't find a diagram for it in ALLDATA, OR I just couldn't find it, ALLDATA isn't always that linear. If it keeps throwing this CEL, should I replace one or the other, both? Could the timing be off?

Archived