LegacyGT.com

Any flucuation in rpm's cold startup

Anyone experience this ? I am thinking it is normal, but also thinking it should be perfect. Lets say i start the car cold the rpm's are up at 2k than as the engine warms up slowly get the 1000-1100 but can flucuate up and down 100 rpm's. I recently got a infamous tune which made it a bit better.

I probably have a slight vacuum leak. I have gotten out and sprayed water all over the manifold and doesn't change, can't really soak my inlet, but I am thinking my inlet is most likely damaged from the dealership removing it to replace OCV's.

I also get missing whenever it's below freezing or close too it. Has new plugs also!

ya thinking that too ^^ but seems like this started after doing the spark plugs. Checked the passenger side plugs found one slightly loose I should have lubed the threads and the outside of the socket so it doesn't bind up while tightening it up. Going to check the driver side tomorrow what a pain in the ass stupid compressor pipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a vacuum leak cause the car to idle low, if not stall out? It's normal for engines to add more fuel when the coolant temperature is really low in the winter, so I think idling high when cold is fine as long as it comes back down to around 700 when it reaches normal operating temperature.

Archived