LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2010)

Tide

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^yep, I'm running the TXS prototype downpipe on my car, had it on for a few months now. I love how it changed the exhaust note of the car. Made it way throaty-ier and deeper. Build quality is top notch as well.

Plus...it will allow you to, "SPIT HOT FIRE"!!!! :)

BOOM!!!!!! there you have it all!!

Hit me up for more info, I am here to help

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8384094010_62cfd06d55_z.jpg

Just wanted to show everyone. Now back on topic ;)

Edited by jermaine@turboxs.com

^ I don't think so. Cats are overrated anyways :lol:

edit: just noticed you live in CA...our emissions tests are probably a bit easier to pass I would imagine

Basically there are "49 state legal" cats, and then there are CARB (California Air Resources Board) cats. 49-state cats: $100ish. CARB cats: $400ish.

The silly thing is, you can put a "49-state legal" cat on your car and it'll pass California smog check requirements, but the shops are required to check that it's a CARB cat. Of course it's an auto-fail if you don't have a CARB-certified cat on the car.

Go figure.

<soapbox>

Also, given the stupidity of the situation, poorer folks in this state are basically SOL when it comes to getting their vehicle running properly, since the cats are so expensive. They can't afford $400 to get a CARB cat, but there's no point in getting a $100 49-state cat since they're not gonna pass smog anyway. At that point might as well forego a new cat and take the car to a shady smog station, or just say fuckit and drive it unregistered. Both of which lead to more smog pollution, thereby negating the positive effect that CARB cats have on the environment.

</soapbox>

So, since brand new cars in CA don't require smog checks for 6 years, I guess I could just put a catless DP on the car, save the OEM unit, and run it catless for 5-1/2 more years until my first smog check. :rolleyes: Reinstall the OEM exhaust and flash it back to stock for the smog check, pass, and then go home and reinstall my torque....:)

So, since brand new cars in CA don't require smog checks for 6 years, I guess I could just put a catless DP on the car, save the OEM unit, and run it catless for 5-1/2 more years until my first smog check. :rolleyes: Reinstall the OEM exhaust and flash it back to stock for the smog check, pass, and then go home and reinstall my torque....:)

...Or pay $150 to a dude in Oakland to "pass" the smog check and save yourself the trouble. ;)

Lying about the smog check results is different than doing what you want to with your car when big brother isn't looking.

Well, my Honda's cat was $400 when it came time to replace it. Thankfully I had the means to stay legitimate, even though I know a lot of people might not be in the same position in this kind of economy.

If you think that paying a shady smoggie station to pass you -- compared to you swapping pipes right after passing with original cats -- is any different, you're lying to more than just one person. You're lying to yourself as well.

#thingstothinkabout

(Also, my suggestion to go to a shady smoggie was a joke, since suredly no one in S.F. would do such a thing... right? :p)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I did to my lgt upgrade to tsw nurgurgring in 19's with 245/40/19 inch falkens

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/chefquito/5C34D015-1D69-4687-82E9-A86FF14E12E9-18518-000004650A6904F2_zps5a999c58.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/chefquito/8644694D-9DD6-48DD-A5FD-74A4CAFC45EC-18518-00000464D68243A9_zpsc3a13108.jpg%5B/iM

I just added these sti stickers to complete the look on the center caps

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/chefquito/94541E24-A917-435C-952C-1E0FF5C8132D-18518-0000046501F65359_zps59032842.jpg

Might've missed it but are those Spec B's? They look awesome on there, especially with the tint. How dark did you go?

Thanks. All stock, just the tint. Went with a 50% front 20% back tint

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2