LegacyGT.com

Newbie needing advice on a few things

My O2 sensor keeps blowing when a new one gets put does anyone know what can cause it to keep doing that..

Which side is the primary turbo on also its making a noise from the turbo from the drivers side like a ticking sound..

Any help will be appreciated

Turbos usually won't make a ticking noise when they fail. They will usually make a whining noise when your building boost that's if it will even make boost. I've blown a few turbos on my Supra over the years. Not with my PTE6766 I have now, these turbos are super reliable.

The ticking noise is probably a injector or the valves have too much clearance meaning it's time for a valve adjustment.

Why do you think it's the o2 sensor in the first place? Just because you have a o2 sensor related cel doesn't mean that's the real issue. What cel does it have?

it boosts on one turbo but not the other.. I'm not sure if it is the O2 sensor i think its something else not sure what though, the CEL comes on for the O2 sensor which is code 32..

OK thanks for that to start with i got told it was the big end bearing that's gone so i listened to what noise they make when there stuffed on you tube and it was completely different to what mine does..

If one of the turbo bearings goes it will make the wheels grind into the housings. Then it will either lock up or be hard to spin. I would remove the turbo that isn't working intake off and spin the wheel. Also move it front to back and check for radial movement. They can have a little bit of movement but not too much.

Is it a fast paced light electrical click? that happens key on I'm drive but vehicle is not started? possibly failed relay or short circuit around the turbo. I would check resistance on the wires going to the 02 sensor maybe there's a tear or short something causing current to be to high for the sensor or its wiring to handle.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

the car had a faulty blow of valve and the coil packs were stuffed so there been replaced and the turbos are fine so it boosts properly now :) got them checked and the manifold gaskets checked there fine. the O2 sensor is fine now, now the problems the spedo sensor and the ticking noise is still there as it comes from the top of the egine and around the turbo, there is still a slight miss in it to around 3000rpm

Can you post a video with the hood open and running?

But another idea is the turbo exhaust gasket. If the gasket is broken you'll hear what sounds like a ticking noise. Look for black exhaust soot where the gaskets are. This would be a sign of a broken exhaust gasket.

Archived