LegacyGT.com

aftermarket endlinks

k2blt

so i've been informed that my endlinks are cause of the ruckus coming from underneath my car... at times it sounds like someone is playing whack a mole under there.

i've done my search, but couldn't come to any conclusion. i'm sort of in a rush, so i was wondering what people are suggesting. i was informed that stock subaru endlinks go for $65 a pop... not even for a pair. i checked out the avo, and it states it's for a lowered car. i'm running stock suspension, and don't see myself going to coilover's anytime soon. i considered cobb, perrin, and a few others. are these worth buying? thanks in advance for any help!

The AVO units can be adjusted. They worked great on my vehicle and their Heim joints are a lot stiffer than the stock units. All was well until one of the dust boots sheared away from the mounting stud. In the end I went with KartBoys due to their great reviews and poly-type bushing instead of a Heim joint. No regrets here. They are worth buying.

Take a look at the KartBoys. Although they are slightly shorter in length than OEM, they should not adversely impact your suspension. They're $200 MSRP for a front and rear set. If you purchase just the fronts or rears they go for $115.

how come the OEM, AVO and Whiteline endlinks look different than the Kartboy ones?? The kartboys look like endlinks that go on the WRX/STi! Just curious. Is this KB-017StiCombo - Front & Rear Endlinks For STi,Fxt,Lgt ($ 200.00) what everyone has got????

how come the OEM, AVO and Whiteline endlinks look different than the Kartboy ones?? The kartboys look like endlinks that go on the WRX/STi! Just curious. Is this KB-017StiCombo - Front & Rear Endlinks For STi,Fxt,Lgt ($ 200.00) what everyone has got????

The OEM, AVO and Kartboys still have the "dog bone" shape to them. The part number that you listed is the right one for our cars.

The OEM, AVO and Kartboys still have the "dog bone" shape to them. The part number that you listed is the right one for our cars.

i was about to post up all sorts of pictures showing that the OEM, AVO, and Whiteline endlinks look the same where as the Perrin, Agency Power, Cobb, and maybe the kartboy endlinks look similar in nature but then i found this thread!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68820&highlight=endlinks

Definatly tells you that there is a difference! Looks like i will be going with the Kartboys also. I havent read one bad thing about them yet!

^^^^^^^

Agreed, there IS a difference. What I meant to convey was that they look similar in shape, but that is where their similarities end. I thought that you looked at the WRX horseshoe shaped endlinks and thought that they were for the LGT.

^^^^^^^

Agreed, there IS a difference. What I meant to convey was that they look similar in shape, but that is where their similarities end. I thought that you looked at the WRX horseshoe shaped endlinks and thought that they were for the LGT.

i was looking at the kartboy website....i guess that they use a "stock" photo of just one type on endlink that they offer but it might not be the LGT ones!

i was looking at the kartboy website....i guess that they use a "stock" photo of just one type on endlink that they offer but it might not be the LGT ones!

You're right, they just use a WRX rear endlink as a generic photo. I can take pictures of the rear endlinks on my LGT if you're concerned as to whether or not the LGT/STi units will work. Trust me, they will.

You're right, they just use a WRX rear endlink as a generic photo. I can take pictures of the rear endlinks on my LGT if you're concerned as to whether or not the LGT/STi units will work. Trust me, they will.

can you please do that.........i would like to see what the front and the rear Kartboy's look like! Thanks

can you please do that.........i would like to see what the front and the rear Kartboy's look like! Thanks

Sure thing. I'll snap a picture of the rears. Unfortunately, my car is still running the OEM fronts. Just imagine the rears, but shorter.

got my MSI endlinks from another member here - but if MSI has specials currently, contact them.

First link shows the bottom of a rear and second shows the front, running a spacer (provided) to correct the endlink alignment. Not sure if current offering requires the spacer or not - query MSI to be sure.

Another pic here: http://legacygt.com/reviews/showproduct.php?cat=all&page=1&product=131&sort=2

passrear.jpg.06564ba50033ec3acf9f0837285255b4.jpg

driversside2.jpg.c1f26a83a36d85bd304bf71a3bd81f41.jpg

IIRC, Cobb is discontinuing their Endlinks. From what I heard, they were getting too many complaints for noise.

I installed the Cobbs in conjunction with Cobb Sways and initially had problems with clunks. The problem went away when I tightened them with all my weight.

CDN 2.5i,

Thanks for respond, it looks durable than other. Also, it uses bushing other than bearing. I think that what I am looking for. :iam:

Hi Neurodancer,

Thanks for your post. It is help. :)

Archived